Not open for further replies.

Chevyman540

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    LaPorte
    Detailed the wife's 528 for her and waxed it, washed my VFR and took it for a spin, then... I cleaned out the garage... and she says "why don't you sell that thing?" Ugh... nope. Granted, I didn't get much done this winter but it is only a 1 car garage with no heat. Trying to do an addition and got quoted $46k for a 22x30 foot garage addition. :n00b: Guess I'm pulling home owner permit and doing it myself.

A few years back I was going to build a shop out back, 40 x 75 pole barn. I was going to sectioned off at 45'for the shop and have storage in the last 30'. Morton pole barns wanted $ 48K just for the 40 x 75 building, no concrete, no wiring, just the building. Needless to say it never happened.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A few years back I was going to build a shop out back, 40 x 75 pole barn. I was going to sectioned off at 45'for the shop and have storage in the last 30'. Morton pole barns wanted $ 48K just for the 40 x 75 building, no concrete, no wiring, just the building. Needless to say it never happened.

OK.....long time no up-dates on your project....?????

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well that was fun. Got my first ride in "Gpa's" 68 Z-28 since the new engine. 6,500 RPM shifts while spinning the tires through 3rd. Only 200 miles on that 400ci Dart small block. I like it. Time to build a Poncho to match.:cool:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Now that is a given.
    Torque rules when properly harnessed.
    The guys always put way to much gear in the rear of the Poncho's trying to run-em like a chevy.
    I don't even know what gear is in the car now. Never cared enough to check. Ideal goal would be 4.10 when the 6 speed double overdrive goes in the car. That would be fun, but at the same time, I don't want to be constantly shifting. Would like to enjoy the pull.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't even know what gear is in the car now. Never cared enough to check. Ideal goal would be 4.10 when the 6 speed double overdrive goes in the car. That would be fun, but at the same time, I don't want to be constantly shifting. Would like to enjoy the pull.

3.55 and a 5 speed. Car will pull like a rented mule.
    3.73 and a 6 speed. Throttle burn outs on command.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom