• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I think its funny that the boys at Dodge will produce a car faster than their flagship "supercar", the Viper, but GM will not make a car faster than their flagship "supercar", Corvette...

I think it's cool, could do without the flares. Wouldn't mind driving one, but I wouldn't own one. There is a used Hellcat Challenger on our lot for $53,xxx. It's tempting, but a new one is only a few thousand more last I checked. Just not a Chrysler fan...

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It's kind of a cool idea especially for someone that doesn't want to deal with the process of building a street legal drag car. However, Dodge really dropped the ball by not having enough foresight and common sense to make sure it would be NHRA legal. With the advertise ET, tech inspectors will send owners packing until they spend even more money on a brand new factory racecar to bring it up to safety reg's. At least the Cobra jets and Charger (drag pack) has all the necessities.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Shop update.

LS6 left us last week.

These are the two I picked up today. Mustang left us last Thursday, its back with a lifter noise... 34 Ford is new to us.

455 Olds in mock up stages.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's the one the guy has blown up 3-4 times after he built it. Finally decided it was time to consult someone who knows what he's doing... Unfortunately he has cheaped out on a bunch of parts, it should run fine though.

And this is why it has popped it's cork so many times.
    I finally got the millennial who owns the Olds to realize exactly what he has and it's limitations.
    He grew up riding in my cars and seeing my bikes so when it came time to get something with balls he came to us.
    He never really payed any attention to the journey to achieve reliable power. He thought it was just bolt it together and go fast.
    Listening to your internet dip :poop:'s is not a reliable source of info.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It has 3.73 in it... With that engine, they aren't necessary. Thing would get up and scare the **** outta anyone with a 2.56 gear. :):

But I like a big gear. I like it.
    We ran 4.56's with 32" tall slicks in the camaro for the 1/8th mile.
    4.30's for the 1/4

I tried 4.10's but the 60ft was way off.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    And this is why it has popped it's cork so many times.
    I finally got the millennial who owns the Olds to realize exactly what he has and it's limitations.
    He grew up riding in my cars and seeing my bikes so when it came time to get something with balls he came to us.
    He never really payed any attention to the journey to achieve reliable power. He thought it was just bolt it together and go fast.
    Listening to your internet dip :poop:'s is not a reliable source of info.
    Well this guy never cleaned his block after he got it back from the machine shop last time... Anybody can throw them together, it takes an engine builder to make them stay together...

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Oh and I was extremely impressed with the RAM today. 6.7 is a beast. Truck handled the road well, rode nice, pulled awesome, was comfortable. I had to test her out a little, she pulls REALLY well. Last stretch on the way home was spent mostly at 80mph, couldn't even tell trailer was back there. Averaged about 12mpg.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Oh and I was extremely impressed with the RAM today. 6.7 is a beast. Truck handled the road well, rode nice, pulled awesome, was comfortable. I had to test her out a little, she pulls REALLY well. Last stretch on the way home was spent mostly at 80mph, couldn't even tell trailer was back there. Averaged about 12mpg.

Diesel is God's fuel.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Diesel is God's fuel.
    I am used to a screaming gasser. It was strange getting used to the low grunt. There was a couple times I tried driving it like a gasser, she didn't like that.

I will say if I have to complain about anything, the transmission is garbage. Hated it. I've never been a fan of the way the newer Chryslers shift though...

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    But I like a big gear. I like it.
    We ran 4.56's with 32" tall slicks in the camaro for the 1/8th mile.
    4.30's for the 1/4

I tried 4.10's but the 60ft was way off.

The guys we're talking last week while at the Spring Rod Run.
    We decided that unless you're a girl you will never say "Those tires are too wide on the back of that car"
    Just like saying "I have too much bacon on my BLT"

Words no guy should ever say.

I did high high five my buddies when a Pro Street Chevelle drove past and my 8 yr old grandson said "Poppy what kind of gas is that car using, it smells Good?" I told him that's racing fuel. He said I like it.
    Fellas I thing we have another Gear head in the making.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom