• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok. This is cool as heck. I'm not sure how it will work on the forum but get on a phone/tablet and go to "Teeth and Turbos" YouTube channel. (It Parker, Cleetus's brother). He has a 360° camera on the roof of his burnout car. You can move it around by tilting your device.

It works. Pretty cool.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well I believe I have worked out where the 64 is going so it can be finished. I have a long time friend that retired from the trades with me and his son started. Shop so Jeff went with him. They were always pressed for room so I never asked he take this on.
    they have found a new place with 5 times the room. So we are arranging moving the frame and all up to his place Nd he will finish it. I am just not capable of doing it. Nor do I see it in the future.
    it breaks my heart not to finish this one.
    Man I'm sorry to hear this, I was waiting for a sign that things were returning to normal for you when you started posting update photos again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man I'm sorry to hear this, I was waiting for a sign that things were returning to normal for you when you started posting update photos again.
    My mind is well out ahead of my body in recovering. Once I start the Chemo I doubt much will improve as to my weight/strength.
    that project had me focused on Getting up and moving so I could park my ass on the sit and spin and get back to hanging parts on the frame.
    just not gonna happen. I need to clear my slate.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My mind is well out ahead of my body in recovering. Once I start the Chemo I doubt much will improve as to my weight/strength.
    that project had me focused on Getting up and moving so I could park my ass on the sit and spin and get back to hanging parts on the frame.
    just not gonna happen. I need to clear my slate.
    Roger that.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    It does give one hope when a "youngster" recognizes something outside of their generational cocoon! I went thru the car wash one time and the little girl running the tunnel noticed my SCCA "Wheel" on the back window of the truck and said she had just discovered autocross and "loved the hell out of it", her exact words!!
    Yeah some hope for the future. It is nice to see them into cars. You go to the car shows and see the "new" Camaros and Mustangs and such and some of them are the real deal, they just don't look like it to me. My wife's first words when seeing the GN was "it's so 80's". Yeah it doesn't seem old enough to be a hot rod to me, but I love it anyway.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    With the kits available today the brakes are not all that difficult. When you do this inspect the OEM brake lines on the car just because. Also upgrade the master Cylinder.
    I plan to order from an actual GN shop that knows all that's needed. The Wilwood kit is supposed to come with good, detailed instructions. Trim here, drill and tap there. Man at almost 56 years old it would sure be nice to have this on a lift for this project.
    You're still in my prayers by the way. I'm sure a lot of our prayers. Take care of yourself. You are an important part of my INGO life here. I enjoy your input and history lessons. What your eyes have seen!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I plan to order from an actual GN shop that knows all that's needed. The Wilwood kit is supposed to come with good, detailed instructions. Trim here, drill and tap there. Man at almost 56 years old it would sure be nice to have this on a lift for this project.
    You're still in my prayers by the way. I'm sure a lot of our prayers. Take care of yourself. You are an important part of my INGO life here. I enjoy your input and history lessons. What your eyes have seen!

Just as long as he doesn't share EVERYTHING his eyes have seen. I'm sure there's some of it that even he doesn't want to relive! :scared:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Friday after work headed to Wisconsin for Road America. Last track of the year for me and this great little car. All the sundae cup guys are putting in a dollar on fastest recorded top speed on the straights there. I’m putting my dollar on my car. I got the most power but the worst gearing. Hoping I can cash in on the 4800’ long main straight!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Been working on the racecar a little the past few days. The whole undercarriage and engine bay area have now been primed and are all the same color for the first time in years. Onto the trunk area and interior, then those areas will get a color coat of Ford Poppy Red, a very orange red.

right front primed.jpgracecar underside partially primered.jpgleft inside primed.jpg

Been twenty plus years since I've picked up a paint gun so I hit a few bumps early on but got it straightened out.

The target color for the car:

1633479334927.png

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Fun autocross ripper

I'd LOVE to 5.0 one of those but too many irons in the fire as it is. Looks like it'd be fun but I gotta have 8 cylinders on the other end of the fun pedal.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'd LOVE to 5.0 one of those but too many irons in the fire as it is. Looks like it'd be fun but I gotta have 8 cylinders on the other end of the fun pedal.
    I really considered dropping V8 into my Miata when I had it. It would have been cool but I think by the time I was done, I could have done an older classic car which I would have liked better.

Top Bottom