• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Ok. I grew up around roundy round racers and I can't help but mention those window nets have screws holding them to the plastic door panels. Those look freaking sketchy to me.

Are you just waking up? :lmfao: I think that's part of the draw of C&C, it's so redneck that every moron out there with an old car and an extra engine laying around see it all as "doable".

I applaud how he has been able to parlay his hobby into some serious cash flow.:patriot:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Are you just waking up? :lmfao: I think that's part of the draw of C&C, it's so redneck that every moron out there with an old car and an extra engine laying around see it all as "doable".

I applaud how he has been able to parlay his hobby into some serious cash flow.:patriot:
    I wouldn't call it waking up... I just never have followed any of his stuff. A coworker has been talking about this since last year and after watching a couple short videos, I think it's a little too redneck for me. Or maybe I've just seen too much in my life and am not as redneck as I once was lol

Yeah he has found a way to make his hobby quite the production... or circus act lol

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It started sprinkling and the track said hail and lightning was on the way. They asked all to go back to their vehicles.

We stayed under the bleachers.

Looks like another cell popped up west of us and is headed this way. We'll wait and see.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    It started sprinkling and the track said hail and lightning was on the way. They asked all to go back to their vehicles.

We stayed under the bleachers.

Looks like another cell popped up west of us and is headed this way. We'll wait and see.
    We were under the bleachers on the north east side.

We've gone over to the west side now. Hoping for the best.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm on the couch, just got in from working in the garage. Lol
    Oh my fault, I thought we were giving status reports lol.
    Hopefully the rain has cleared out and you guys are having a great time out there

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry for this insane Indiana weather fellas. I know how much you and the boy wanted to do this.
    But as with anything in motor sports the weather makes it a dice roll at times.

One summer we were rained out of at least half of our scheduled/planned events. Still an adventure.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I realized that this event is basically American Idol for rednecks.
    Half these cars can barely make it through a burnout. And almost no one seems to know when to quit haha.

I wanna see a combination of Hoonigan and Cleetus. Drift cars with guys that know how to drive going out there and burning it up.
    Hoonigan used to have a spot out in in Cali to do that stuff. Those were good days.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well men, it looks like CM will get his wish with my diff. I took it out today and cleaned it up real good in prep for oiling and final install.

That was when I noticed one of the carrier bearings was totally galled up.

Since I don't have an arbor press, cup style bearing remover, die grinder to make a set of sacrificial bearings, I think I'm going to pay someone to set it up for me.

I hate to accept defeat (again as far as diffs are concerned), but a man has to know his limitations.

If any of you wants to make some money and set up my ring and pinion, I'll be happy to bring the housing and required parts to do so. It won't have axles, knuckles, brakes, etc so it's not too bad to move around. I'd just as soon pay one you guys than a shop.

If not, I'm going to check a guy here in Ellettsville. If I don't get a warm and fuzzy from them, I will probably take it up to Laporte. They seemed like good enough people on the phone.

Disappointed, but I want it done right. Lesson learned; just cuz you got it out of a junkyard and it was working doesn't mean it doesn't need serious overhaulin!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I realized that this event is basically American Idol for rednecks.
    Half these cars can barely make it through a burnout. And almost no one seems to know when to quit haha.

I wanna see a combination of Hoonigan and Cleetus. Drift cars with guys that know how to drive going out there and burning it up.
    Hoonigan used to have a spot out in in Cali to do that stuff. Those were good days.
    I agree.

We're really waiting for the big boys. Toast, George Killer Bee, etc.

Top Bottom