• gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    For the interested here is the link to my resto

Very nice work! That is the way I like to build things. Take care of the details and the rest will follow.

I would love to tackle a project like that. I just can't bring myself to pay what people are asking for the starting point. I yearn for the days you could buy something like that(not necessarily numbers matching/rare model) for a little bit of nothing. Sure, you dump a ton into it after, but I was always okay with that.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Very nice work! That is the way I like to build things. Take care of the details and the rest will follow.

I would love to tackle a project like that. I just can't bring myself to pay what people are asking for the starting point. I yearn for the days you could buy something like that(not necessarily numbers matching/rare model) for a little bit of nothing. Sure, you dump a ton into it after, but I was always okay with that.
    I bought the thing while I was in high school 1979 for $900.

I drove it till it broke down and I stored it away until I could restore it. It was 1997 I asked my wife if I could buy the 35th anniversary Trans Am convertible that year.
    She gave me a choice of buying the new TA or fixing my old car and I chose to restore the old car.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I bought the thing while I was in high school 1979 for $900.

I drove it till it broke down and I stored it away until I could restore it. It was 1997 I asked my wife if I could by the 35th anniversary Trans Am convertible that year.
    She gave me a choice of buying the new TA or fixing my old car and I chose to restore the old car.
    Good choice! You had a great base to start off with.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Picked up some parts for the race truck at the junkyard today. Was missing a ton of dash parts because someone fixed the ac and never put anything back… Still have a few pieces to find, but it’ll come together.

Also picked up a split bench seat so I had a center armrest. The work truck seat mine has is less than handy…

982C905A-97A2-40AD-9E65-DC34B120F10D.jpeg38C2B1E9-0A72-4BE9-852F-2483A47670BA.jpeg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pretty crazy how many cubes they can get out of the “small block” LS.
    Ohio Crankshaft used to offer a 454 CI old school small block chevy. I never saw one but a friend had the 427 offering they sold. It seemed to have some balls but his cars were never really completed packages.
    Bet that’s rowdy

just pulled it up on my laptop and yes that is a nice piece. Wonder what it will run.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That’s an expensive kit too. Distributor on an LS is not easy.
    It says it's a full tube chassis which makes me wonder how the rest of the chassis looks based on what appears to be 2x3 tubing on the front fram rails. That's not too common on a full chassis car because it's heavier and it's easier to build with round tubing. Not knocking it, it definitely is nicely done and very well maybe worth the asking price. Just curious what the rest of it looks like and what kind of suspension it has under it.
    I wonder what ET's it runs

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It says it's a full tube chassis which makes me wonder how the rest of the chassis looks based on what appears to be 2x3 tubing on the front fram rails. That's not too common on a full chassis car because it's heavier and it's easier to build with round tubing. Not knocking it, it definitely is nicely done and very well maybe worth the asking price. Just curious what the rest of it looks like and what kind of suspension it has under it.
    I wonder what ET's it runs
    On those cars (and others) laying out the main rails with box tubing is pretty common as it is easier in some ways than doin it in round. I always did box on my back half cars. For me it was simpler to do with the equipment I had.
    I am curious what numbers that runs as well. It does not have big tires out back. Not a deal breaker by any means as it it a well turned out piece. The headers would make it a tough daily…:lmfao:
    But I can still see it.

Top Bottom