Not open for further replies.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm off work this week so spent a little time on the Talon. Found a blown 20A fuel pump fuse. Replaced that and she fired right up. My Wideband O2 gauge display isn't turning on though. Grr.

I easily forget how tight this thing drives. Upgraded shocks, coil overs & anti-sway bars along with Toyo R888 tires and it's pretty amazing around corners.

Straight line right now is a bit slow. I have boost turned way down to wastegate spring pressure (~12 PSI). I installed a new electronic boost controller and do not have it dialed in at all. Maybe tomorrow I'll see if it'll do ~25 PSI. Should be ~400-450 AWHP on pump 93 at that boost level.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I'm off work this week so spent a little time on the Talon. Found a blown 20A fuel pump fuse. Replaced that and she fired right up. My Wideband O2 gauge display isn't turning on though. Grr.

I easily forget how tight this thing drives. Upgraded shocks, coil overs & anti-sway bars along with Toyo R888 tires and it's pretty amazing around corners.

Straight line right now is a bit slow. I have boost turned way down to wastegate spring pressure (~12 PSI). I installed a new electronic boost controller and do not have it dialed in at all. Maybe tomorrow I'll see if it'll do ~25 PSI. Should be ~400-450 AWHP on pump 93 at that boost level.

I want a ride someday

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I can just imagine how much like a go-Kart that thing handles like.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Super pleased. Making race car parts tonight. I was trying to avoid having to cut a hole in my hood and make a scoop, just don’t have the time to do so right now. Lost the spacer I had to make the dual return system work, cut that bracket down to fit, then cobbled up the original cable bracket. Lost the 4” filter and put a 3” in, then added the 2” drop base. We are now below the fender line! Yay!

2hp1so8.jpg

2ceqh61.jpg

ezkbpi.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got the new owner of my 64 hooked up with a shop today. Same guys that are doing the Cuddy.
    He wants me to do all the mechanical and they have a lift I can use. Looks like it is going to happen.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Funny how needing an $8 part turns into $110. I’m convinced building cars just consists of spending $100 every time you need just one little part..

I've been wondering how that happens for years. I swear every time I walk past the car it costs me $100.
    It has caused me to get the stink eye from my wife here lately too. In just the last month it was $1200 for new wheelie bars, $200 for seat belts (gotta be replaced every 2 yrs), $180 oil & filter, $75 trans fluid..then she gave me the look this afternoon when I ordered 15 gallons of gas for $360 + hazmat fee, and a new pair of slicks for $900....and I still need to top of 8 nitrous bottles at $6/lb. On the way home from the speed shop she says...you know I'm not cooking dinner tonight, right? And that was accompanied with that look that I'm not sure if it's sarcasm or if she is making a point.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've been wondering how that happens for years. I swear every time I walk past the car it costs me $100.
    It has caused me to get the stink eye from my wife here lately too. In just the last month it was $1200 for new wheelie bars, $200 for seat belts (gotta be replaced every 2 yrs), $180 oil & filter, $75 trans fluid..then she gave me the look this afternoon when I ordered 15 gallons of gas for $360 + hazmat fee, and a new pair of slicks for $900....and I still need to top of 8 nitrous bottles at $6/lb. On the way home from the speed shop she says...you know I'm not cooking dinner tonight, right? And that was accompanied with that look that I'm not sure if it's sarcasm or if she is making a point.

Making a point.

The spouse tried that with me a few times. It did not go all that well.
    I was racing when she met me. Nuff said.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Making a point.

The spouse tried that with me a few times. It did not go all that well.
    I was racing when she met me. Nuff said.

I hear ya. When the wife and I met I explained what being with a racer involved and the TBird was under construction. So she knew how the time dedication was and she is ok with the money spent so long as the bills are paid and she has some spending money too. She just likes to bust my chops.
    Btw she did cook dinner...while I was putting a tie rod end on moms car and then working on the Bird

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hear ya. When the wife and I met I explained what being with a racer involved and the TBird was under construction. So she knew how the time dedication was and she is ok with the money spent so long as the bills are paid and she has some spending money too. She just likes to bust my chops.
    Btw she did cook dinner...while I was putting a tie rod end on moms car and then working on the Bird

You knew she would right...:):

I get called out on occasion and mine was not at all pleased that I bought the 64 with out discussing it. She was right.
    But when she took sick and the bills came flooding in the door guess what......By by 64.
    Same with my guns. I love-em but when the **** hits the fan they are expendable.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    You knew she would right...:):

I get called out on occasion and mine was not at all pleased that I bought the 64 with out discussing it. She was right.
    But when she took sick and the bills came flooding in the door guess what......By by 64.
    Same with my guns. I love-em but when the **** hits the fan they are expendable.

Exactly. I spend a lot of time and money on it but I could drop it all tomorrow if it ever hit the fan financially or medically or whatever.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom