• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well I the series we have been running isn't going to happen this year. In it's place they will be having a no time slip, chip draw, instant green class. But at least the track will be preped (since the bracket classes will be run the same day).
    I looked at another series but they only have 2 races close enough for us.
    So, we decided to do the no time deal. The rules are pretty much wide open so we could get beat like a drum who knows.

We got the valvetrain put back together, ordered oil & filter, ordered trans fluid, got our new wheelie bars painted (3 coats paint, 3 coats clear), changed rear springs. And I just made the car faster...I took somewhere between 140-180 lbs out of the car (exact amount is classified).
    I have often heard estimates that 100# is worth roughly a tenth of a second.
    Kinda debating installing a plate kit with a scramble button just in case a little something extra is needed. But that won't happen unless they whoop us bad first time out.
    Making progress and getting close to being ready

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Man that sucks. You get all set up for the “Known” and then they throw the “Unknown” at you.
    What happened to the other series.

Track manager said it didn't draw enough crowd last year and the money isn't there to support it this year. So they are going to try to mimic street outlaws no prep kings..except the track will be preped. No time/ grudge racing is super popular right now so they hope to draw a bigger crowd and more cars.

Out car is fast but we could be a small fish in a really big pond with wide open rules. But like SO they have to have a vin tag and steel roof & quarters.
    Anyone want to buy me a twin turbo set up?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Sadly not the truck. It would have already exploderated by now. We are running a 2005 Acura TL 6-spd

Is this a black TL with Virginia plates?

If so, the crazy trucker blowing his horn at you near the Tire Rack in South Bend was me. It was about 2:30ish on Saturday afternoon.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Looks like a pretty vlean build...but I don't think it looks right as a gasser.
    Gassers should be old '40s & '50s cars. A 71 Maverick just doesn't have the right rounded body lines. It looks too much like one of those cars on a 4x4 chassis.
    I would cut everything out from under it and start over. Maybe keep the stock floor and just put a front clip on it, and ditch the leafs out back and put a pr built rear clip in it with some radials and a sbf and go bust some balls and hurt aome feelings.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Gassers should be old '40s & '50s cars. A 71 Maverick just doesn't have the right rounded body lines. It looks too much like one of those cars on a 4x4 chassis.
    I would cut everything out from under it and start over. Maybe keep the stock floor and just put a front clip on it, and ditch the leafs out back and put a pr built rear clip in it with some radials and a sbf and go bust some balls and hurt aome feelings.

It actually resembles an Amphibicar in an off beat way.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

Ain’t nobody got time fo dat!

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Wow.....just saw on David Freiburger’s Facebook page. On his Engine Master’s show they made 1,543hp on a STOCK SHORT BLOCK Gen4 6.0 with twin turbos. Even just on an engine dyno that is absolutely insane.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    There is a guy with a 92 Mustang with a stock 5.3 running twin turbos that went 7.16 @ 190. Only the cam, rod bolts and piston rings weren't factory GM parts. I tried to find a HP rating but was unsuccessful.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    There is a guy with a 92 Mustang with a stock 5.3 running twin turbos that went 7.16 @ 190. Only the cam, rod bolts and piston rings weren't factory GM parts. I tried to find a HP rating but was unsuccessful.

HP would only be a small factor anyway. There are so many other parts and peices to the puzzle that contribute to a good E.T. and mph. Many of those Foxbody Mustangs only weigh like 2500lb so that helps alot too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom