churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It can only help.
    Measure the “At Rest” Pinion angle and get some angered shims. Put a coil helper on the right rear shock.
    Get the right tires on it and let her eat.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Awe heck CP- just back half it and throw some ladder bars in it and bolt on some coil overs.

I fully understand buy once cry once. But, I also am realistic and all too often have to do what I can just to get by. It has taught me a lesson to always try and see where you are really headed. It is amazing how fast your project car will evolve in just a few years. It seems there are always upgrades and sometimes those upgrades snowball into almost complete rebuilds.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Awe heck CP- just back half it and throw some ladder bars in it and bolt on some coil overs.

I fully understand buy once cry once. But, I also am realistic and all too often have to do what I can just to get by. It has taught me a lesson to always try and see where you are really headed. It is amazing how fast your project car will evolve in just a few years. It seems there are always upgrades and sometimes those upgrades snowball into almost complete rebuilds.

I have absolutely no idea what you are getting at man......None.....:n00b:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    :cool:

CP's Poncho will be a really quick street runner by any measure.

I know it will. He will have an absolute blast driving it. And what's better is he will still be able to fire it up and go grab some lunch in it if he wants to.

Racecars are fun, but dang the fun of driving it is limited by not being street legal or streetable...and the whole $12/gallon gas and only 3 gallon cell.
    Sometimes I wish I had a streetable racecar

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know it will. He will have an absolute blast driving it. And what's better is he will still be able to fire it up and go grab some lunch in it if he wants to.

Racecars are fun, but dang the fun of driving it is limited by not being street legal or streetable...and the whole $12/gallon gas and only 3 gallon cell.
    Sometimes I wish I had a streetable racecar

That was the whole point on my Biscayne. It filled that bill. But the 12 gallon cell was still a limiting factor. The Nitrous cell was 5 gallons and parked next to the 12. They were tied together.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    As much as I love all this Ventura talk, I also have a crew cab that’s dead in the water. So I picked up an engine today from Cincy. ‘02 with 100k on it. Same family, two owner truck. Older gentleman. Got it home and on the stand. Pulled all the plugs and none were fouled. Pulled a valve cover and it was squeaky clean. Turned over by hand no problem. I’ll have to swap some year specific parts over from my engine but she looks like a runner. Only hiccup is some broken exhaust manifold bolts. That head may end up going to a machine shop.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As much as I love all this Ventura talk, I also have a crew cab that’s dead in the water. So I picked up an engine today from Cincy. ‘02 with 100k on it. Same family, two owner truck. Older gentleman. Got it home and on the stand. Pulled all the plugs and none were fouled. Pulled a valve cover and it was squeaky clean. Turned over by hand no problem. I’ll have to swap some year specific parts over from my engine but she looks like a runner. Only hiccup is some broken exhaust manifold bolts. That head may end up going to a machine shop.

If you can not pull the bolts hot you will break a few.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom