• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    What I’ve seen of him (the cash days events), he annoys the crap out of me.

Understood. I think when he calms down he might not be such a mouthy clown. Some guys we race with went to memphis to tape a show withe them and said when the cameras turned on he was nuttier than squirrel crap but when they were off he was more laid back...almost normal. He does entertain in the sense of it makes me laugh and roll my eyes some too. New O, just doesn't have the right personality with Kye Kelly kind of running the scene. He can race and knows his stuff but he has the personality of rubber duck. I have no idea how he gets along so well with Lizzy Musi..wonder qhat Pat thinks of the whole situation.
    I really think the shows will kind of start taking on more no prep racing and a little less street. The OKC guys put together that deal at the track in Memphis and the earlier this month in Bowling Green KY, and Chuck says its part of a planned 8 race no prep series for the show. Hope to find out a little more at PRI

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Speaking of TV shows... I miss Pinks all Out! I raced in two of them. Most of us IndyHP guys ran strong 10's all day at the one here in Indy - 2009. The group of cars they picked for the $10k runoff were only ~.1-.2 seconds faster.

I was paired up against a Fox body Mustang to start the show back ~2008 @ Norwalk Raceway Park. I had split open an intake manifold, rushed it to Ron @ Shearer Fab in Cleveland to weld up at 1AM then barely made the starting line. Bald Rich Christensen for the arm drop start in front of 30,000 spectators to start the TV show! What a rush!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Speaking of TV shows... I miss Pinks all Out! I raced in two of them. Most of us IndyHP guys ran strong 10's all day at the one here in Indy - 2009. The group of cars they picked for the $10k runoff were only ~.1-.2 seconds faster.

I was paired up against a Fox body Mustang to start the show back ~2008 @ Norwalk Raceway Park. I had split open an intake manifold, rushed it to Ron @ Shearer Fab in Cleveland to weld up at 1AM then barely made the starting line. Bald Rich Christensen for the arm drop start in front of 30,000 spectators to start the TV show! What a rush!

That's cool.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I saw that run I believe. I never missed a show.
    I was on the ready for the drawing for the 2009 show and missed the cut......Damn it. And we were ready.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Yeah pinks all out wasn't a bad show. Now pinks on the otherhand was terrible. No way I could even think about being involved qith that

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You know what the street scene is all about. That fast and ridiculous (furious...:)) crap would get you a proper beat down.

Lol. Oh yeah... A couple months ago I am standing at the counter of a speed shop talking smack with some buddies and some wannabe player asks me if I want to grab a lane against his Honda Civic that was out front. I looked out the window, smiled and told him go wash it wax it and put it back in the garage where you found it. He of course became offended and after calling me a few profane syllables, I asked him if it was fast. He said (very proudly) runs mid 12s. So as my buddies giggled like school girls, I told him look me up when it runs single digits

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lol. Oh yeah... A couple months ago I am standing at the counter of a speed shop talking smack with some buddies and some wannabe player asks me if I want to grab a lane against his Honda Civic that was out front. I looked out the window, smiled and told him go wash it wax it and put it back in the garage where you found it. He of course became offended and after calling me a few profane syllables, I asked him if it was fast. He said (very proudly) runs mid 12s. So as my buddies giggled like school girls, I told him look me up when it runs single digits

We used to share a weekend with the fart pipe cars at raceway park. They had a huge show and raced in between our classes. Lots of folks strolling the pits checking out our cars. One of the young men stated he was amazed I would be running my Biscayne. It was so big how could it possibly run fast. I asked him how fast his Civic was and he said the same thing your guy did....Mid 12's. I told him the Biscayne would run that number with his Civic in the trunk.
    His girl friend cracked up. He eventually started smiling when I showed him my slips for that day.

Edit.....I will say some of those cars are really stupid fast.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    We used to share a weekend with the fart pipe cars at raceway park. They had a huge show and raced in between our classes. Lots of folks strolling the pits checking out our cars. One of the young men stated he was amazed I would be running my Biscayne. It was so big how could it possibly run fast. I asked him how fast his Civic was and he said the same thing your guy did....Mid 12's. I told him the Biscayne would run that number with his Civic in the trunk.
    His girl friend cracked up. He eventually started smiling when I showed him my slips for that day.

Priceless.

Agreed some of those cars are stupid fast ( when done right).

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

Yeah and I’m betting he had a 1/10th of the cost of his car compared to yours

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom