• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Fuel injection is nice and there are a ton of systems out there. IF I was going to convert to it the only one I would spend my time on would be FAST systems. To be honest though it can be a very expensive upgrade. I have been thinking about going to an MSD Grid ignition system because it can be used to add and take away timing throughout the run. But then like fuel injection, you have to hook up the laptop to make changes.
    As a night goes on turn around time gets short.
    As it is now, we have to download data from the Racepak, change bottles, make changes in the nitrous controller, check spark plugs, add or pull timing, adjust fuel pressure, pack the chute, set tire pressure, make chassis adjustments, charge batteries, cool off the motor/trans. I know it can make our car a little faster but not sure if it would make life any easier or add more confusion.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Maybe it’ll settle down sometime but man...the deals are just GONE. Rusted out rollers for $4k. Barely running projects for $7k. Craziness. The days of the “barn find” are coming to an end. They only made so many of the classics. Makes me sad.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Indy guys what are your thoughts on Steve Schmidt Racing Engines? I am looking to have my heads gone through for the Bee, make sure they are good to go and install a set of new springs but nothing crazy.

Not a lot to chose from here in the Fort.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Indy guys what are your thoughts on Steve Schmidt Racing Engines? I am looking to have my heads gone through for the Bee, make sure they are good to go and install a set of new springs but nothing crazy.

Not a lot to chose from here in the Fort.

I have a guy here local that has done all my head work for years. Tom Hooker. Never had an issue with any of his work and I torture his work.
    I have heard of Schmidt but no direct experiences with them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fuel injection is nice and there are a ton of systems out there. IF I was going to convert to it the only one I would spend my time on would be FAST systems. To be honest though it can be a very expensive upgrade. I have been thinking about going to an MSD Grid ignition system because it can be used to add and take away timing throughout the run. But then like fuel injection, you have to hook up the laptop to make changes.
    As a night goes on turn around time gets short.
    As it is now, we have to download data from the Racepak, change bottles, make changes in the nitrous controller, check spark plugs, add or pull timing, adjust fuel pressure, pack the chute, set tire pressure, make chassis adjustments, charge batteries, cool off the motor/trans. I know it can make our car a little faster but not sure if it would make life any easier or add more confusion.

Yeah I have folks saying the same thing. Fast. In all of this I think I will stay with the Carb. It has been seriously massaged by a guy that knows his way around A Holley. Mine was done by him for My Biscayne. I refused to let it go with the car.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Not a lot to chose from here in the Fort.[/QUOT

He used to be our engine builder. They do good work (mostly). I've seen some stuff overlooked in the past. Now he also has a machine shop the does mostly stock type stuff at the opposite end of the building.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i got a new work van 2006 Express 2500HD 6.6L Duramax......put on new 3" down pipe 4" exhaust cold air intake and Bully Dog gauge/tuner......made 250HP stock and with the tuner in extreme mode about 400HP.....

had it running 115mph on I69 it was still winding.....i got out of the throttle was afraid i was going to blow the ladders off the roof.....:):

pretty inexpressive for a work van....:)

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    i got a new work van 2006 Express 2500HD 6.6L Duramax......put on new 3" down pipe 4" exhaust cold air intake and Bully Dog gauge/tuner......made 250HP stock and with the tuner in extreme mode about 400HP.....

had it running 115mph on I69 it was still winding.....i got out of the throttle was afraid i was going to blow the ladders off the roof.....:):

Still a van.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have had the magic bus up against the limiter a few times running long distances. 3500 with the 6.0 in it.
    It was pretty stable at speed but no ladders on top to act like wings...:)

uhrcrnz.jpg

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

Trans won’t last at that level.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom