• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    That X belt has to be tight I could barely get it on because I cut it too short lol.

I heat the bed and ext and level 9 areas using paper.

Pulled that tape and am using hairspray now. Will print more tonight.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That X belt has to be tight I could barely get it on because I cut it too short lol.

I heat the bed and ext and level 9 areas using paper.

Pulled that tape and am using hairspray now. Will print more tonight.

With some luck we will be printing tonight too. I am heading over to my buddy's right after the inauguration is over.

I found this page but I did not get a chance to go over it very well

https://all3dp.com/common-3d-printing-problems-3d-printer-troubleshooting-guide/

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That looks great. I did not get Harry's finish yesterday. The only thing left is power supply wiring. I spent a lot of time going over the frame with a carpenters square. I ended up loosing everything and moving it in to shape. I wish he would have waited to start the build until got there or I would have push the issue harder and waiting until I brought mine over. Oh well. It's done now. The steppers, switches, hot end and heat bed are all wired. I powered up the board via the PC and it booted up fine and both temp sensers read the same.

I marked my eccentrics on 3 sides with different colors so I could tell how far I was turning each one. I have some car work to do today so I might not get back over there until tomorrow. It should be printing shortly.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That was at .20. Just finished thus 7 hour test. View attachment 52583

That thing prints awesome! We ran a test print on Harry's last night and it printed. Not perfect. But it was late and I was tired and I had a sliced file on my spare card and said WTF, lets see if it prints. It did, not pretty, but I wouldn't expect it to to be very good. But it printed!

I don't think I will get a chance to get over there again till Tuesday. We have to load software on his machine and tweak it in.

You have done a great job on that thing! I am impressed.

I am doing to flip a coin and either make a print cooler or the autof bed level. Maybe both if am lucky.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    That print turned out well, you know how this hobby is though, the next print could be a birds nest. I just realized that you have to SAVE your settings after bed leveling, lol that explains a few of my problems. My other machine does this automatically.

With Hatchbox white PLA my estep settings are 100.8 not the default 90.

Few more test PLA things and I need to move on to some ABS, so I can get some cooling parts printed.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That print turned out well, you know how this hobby is though, the next print could be a birds nest. I just realized that you have to SAVE your settings after bed leveling, lol that explains a few of my problems. My other machine does this automatically.

With Hatchbox white PLA my estep settings are 100.8 not the default 90.

Few more test PLA things and I need to move on to some ABS, so I can get some cooling parts printed.

I just started printing with ABS today. A bit of a learning curve but not to bad. Smells though lol. First print I played with the temps. looked good at the top after playing. 200 head and 80 on the bed seems ok for this roll. Second print starts well but shifted at 20%. I it did not come off the bed, so I cancelled print and check the bed level and it was off a lot. I am guess the increase in temperature changed it. I just releveled it and the second print looks really good. So you are right, things change all the time lol.

The Pegasus firmware is different then the i3v, I like it better. I also like the display. So I might change this one over.

Right now I am printing a print cooler that may or may not work like crap. I figure it is a starting point and gives me some practice with printing ABS, and IMHO ABS prints much nicer them PLA.

I am tired of adjusting the bed, auto bed level is the next step.

Let me know how things go with yours, I am starting the tuning tomorrow with Harry's Pegasus.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    That is so odd. ABS never has printed well for me. And my other printer is fully enclosed.

I always needed 225-230 deg to print it. When I am done with that roll I am going to try PETG.

Still having some problems getting the edges of my bottom layers filled in nicely.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That is so odd. ABS never has printed well for me. And my other printer is fully enclosed.

I always needed 225-230 deg to print it. When I am done with that roll I am going to try PETG.

Still having some problems getting the edges of my bottom layers filled in nicely.

I made a oops in my last post, 250 degrees is what I ended up with. I just finished the print cooler. It came out ok. I will post some pictures of it shortly.

I am guessing my ABS printing luck has been beginners luck!

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I made a oops in my last post, 250 degrees is what I ended up with. I just finished the print cooler. It came out ok. I will post some pictures of it shortly.

I am guessing my ABS printing luck has been beginners luck!

Just finished this quick filament guide in PLA just to keep it from looping around the reel. Attaches to the frame.

2017-01-23_0756.png

I added this startup script because my brims which I use to prime the nozzle were not laying down plastic fast enough and then getting caught on the head and screwing up my first layers. Now the plastic is ready right when its needed.

G28 ; home all axes
    G1 Y-3.0 F500.0 ; MOVE OUT OF PRINT VOLUME
    G1 X80.0 E9 F500.0 ; START OF PURGE LINE
    G1 X150.0 E12.5 F500 ; FINISH PURGE LINE

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Tried ABS last night and this am. Printed about halfway then peeled off the bed. Using the painters tape and 90 to 110 deg bed temps. It is just curling off. I will pull the tape and use the recommended hair spray. ABS in the past has needed an enclosed printer to get any results for me.

Ordered some PETG.

Top Bottom