The nothing to do with politics, feel good, wholesome fun, distraction from insanity thread

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I built Ft. Freedom during the last year or so, have cookouts year round, great get away. Now I'm259984997_387923616446238_2657549456142457335_n.jpgthumbnail.jpeg winterizing it more and tonight I think the wife and I going to campout for the first time overnight. Welded up a wood burner few weeks ago and been working pretty good. We will cook some grub up tonight, maybe take computer back and watch some movies or listen to some "old time radio" mystery classics.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This is pretty cool. Habit for Humanity just built it's first 3D printed home. It can be done in about 12 hours.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I like watching the derp dogs try to swallow each other's heads and generally be dogs.
    No re-runs with pets, and you never know what's next...

I enjoy gadgets.
    I find it relaxing to work on old tools, like sewing machines, knitting machines, mills/grinders, firearms, anything made when there was craftsmanship.

IMG_1655.JPG

IMG_1717.JPG

IMG_1719.JPG

My wife does crafts, foliage arranging, sewing/knitting/needle point, etc.
    And she's good enough at it she makes a pretty penny from it.

I haven't played a video game since the 80s...
    I'd rather build something than watch TV.
    From reloading equipment to solar power equipment to farm/food processing equipment.
    I just find it therapeutic to work with my head & hands.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Wallet Story:

17 years ago I had a strangulated hernia. Leaving work in Louisville I needed to us the rest room, hit the Walmart nearby. When I got to the RR had a vasovagal episode, BP bottomed out and I hit the floor. Woke up somewhat and there was a Walmart cleaning guy bent over me. I couldn't talk so I handed him my wallet. Kept going in and out the whole trip to the hospital. Woke up in a hospital bed with my wife there, that felt good. Asked if she had my wallet. She did so I asked if the 4 $100 bills were still in it (Gunshow the next weekend). They were. Wife took them and spent them.... She never met a dollar that wasn't meant to be spent.

Money was safe with a multitude of strangers but not safe from her.

Don

P.S. Not the current wife. Previous died in 2007 from cancer. Current spouse is the love of my life and very financially astute.

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    My best buds are 2 half brother beagles that keep me off the couch. I can't remember the last day we didn't run rabbits in my 5 acres of scrub. The oldest turned 5 today and I have another bud that has more rabbits than me so off we went. Their howls turn into a constant scream when they finally see that powderpuff running ahead of them. The tales could go on forever but I can't. I'm blessed.

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    Wow I had to go back 18 pages to revive this thread. Maybe it should go under 3rd World Problems. Anyway on 2/22/22 I was hit with a cyber attack. 1st my TV lost channels 22, 22-2, and 22-3. Called around and everyone had it. Rescanned the TV and there they were. Next a few hours later my computer was stuck in airplane mode. I don't fly. Tried all I know to fix it so I just took the battery out for a bit. Solved. Then my flip open phone would open but wouldn't let me do nuttin on it. Screensaver only. What to do but take that battery out to reset. Ta Da. Cyber attack thwarted. No problems since but I'm running out of aluminum foil. 2 must be my unlucky#

Top Bottom