• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bselzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    thinking about getting one of these, has anyone that ownes one know of any problems with them?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Can't really speak on the compact ( I have heard the Mini-Max has issues, but have never seen it firsthand) but I did have a full size Llama 1911 for some time...I did have to do some touch up work to the extractor when it bent and started hanging the slide up. I've heard that some of them have issues with the steel used for the frames being too soft, as well.

Other than that, it was a functional 1911. Not remarkable in accuracy, but aside from the issue with the ejector, it ate everything I fed it (and was one of the ONLY 1911s I've had that fed HP ammo without ONE hiccup) and I'd judge it reliable.

Bear in mind that this was a full size, not a compact, and it was an older model.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    I have a minimax in 45acp , it handles any load just fine . Think they might be a little iffy, some seem OK some not so good .If you can shoot it be for you buy it and see how it functions OK I'd give a go. Also the price should be under $300.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    i wonder if now that i have posted all of these on here if i will get flagged and kicked off, i hope not i just have some guns that have been in the safe for years that i need to sell to buy some grocerys

You will be taking a[STRIKE] two [/STRIKE] three week vacation to ponder the repercussions of coming onto a site and immediately breaking the rules. :xmad:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom