The Libertarian Party Race is Filling Up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's not freedom of religion that's the black hole, it's the so-called RFRA type things that he talking about. He's all for freedom of religion, but when it impinges on others rights someone has to give. A couple of pages back I posted his clarification on that. He actually admires what Utah did with their RFRA-like law, that took into consideration everyone's rights when they crafted it and was nothing like the Pence led debacle that the American family association nuts foisted on Indiana. We've managed to get along well for decades without these things, we can continue without them.

Watching the Johnson-feelers is almost as entertaining as watching the Trumpers and Hilliry-ers ignore or explain away or equivocate their nominees' statements and positions. Johnson let his SJW mask slip back during the LP debates. He's had several opportunities to comment on that position and has stood beside it every single time. I guess his pot-addled mind must be clearing up a bit or he now believes the Bernie voters are not going to be enough to get him to 15%, so now he's trying to walk that position back a little. He even panderously hoisted up his Lutheran upbringing to somehow bolster his point. But he doesn't fool me. He's a self proclaimed social liberal and through my years of observation, I've come to understand that means I agree with the SJWs and agree that the use of government force is OK in forcing our agenda on the bible thumping morons out there.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Watching the Johnson-feelers is almost as entertaining as watching the Trumpers and Hilliry-ers ignore or explain away or equivocate their nominees' statements and positions. Johnson let his SJW mask slip back during the LP debates. He's had several opportunities to comment on that position and has stood beside it every single time. I guess his pot-addled mind must be clearing up a bit or he now believes the Bernie voters are not going to be enough to get him to 15%, so now he's trying to walk that position back a little. He even panderously hoisted up his Lutheran upbringing to somehow bolster his point. But he doesn't fool me. He's a self proclaimed social liberal and through my years of observation, I've come to understand that means I agree with the SJWs and agree that the use of government force is OK in forcing our agenda on the bible thumping morons out there.

I don't have to explain away the views of someone because I don't 100% share their positions. If I expected 100%, I'd have to write myself in.

I think Johnson's record and viewpoints make him the best serious presidential candidate since Ronald Reagan. Of course, he's not remotely the communicator that Reagan was. OTOH, Reagan folded on a lot of issues once he got in office so maybe Johnson could actually do better.

And it's not a tough choice when I refuse to vote for Trump or Clinton. I wouldn't endorse either of them, even if there were no other options.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And it's not a tough choice when I refuse to vote for Trump or Clinton. I wouldn't endorse either of them, even if there were no other options.

There are other options. There are several other parties fielding candidates. All of them have as much chance of winning the White House as Johnson does. I will not vote for Trump or Clinton....or Johnson.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    There are other options. There are several other parties fielding candidates. All of them have as much chance of winning the White House as Johnson does. I will not vote for Trump or Clinton....or Johnson.
    No, you can make a reasonable prediction. But Johnson is at least mathematically eligible. The other candidates literally don't have the possibility without ballot access.

In today's INGOtarian edition of Cutting Off One's Nose to Spite One' Face:

Libertarian VP Pick Weld: Rifles are "Weapons of Mass Destruction" - The Truth About Guns

[video=youtube;bnc_v9ZuEls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnc_v9ZuEls[/video]

Y'all go ahead and vote for a ticket with this guy on it. Just don't pretend to be advocating for the advancement of gun rights while doing so.

Weld isn't Johnson

And are you suggesting that Trump would protect gun rights?

Pence? he's been OK on guns although I think he'd roll over on that in a second if it helped his Washington career. He's certainly been a disgusting bossypants with his religious laws. The best thing about him being on the ticket is that he won't be governor anymore.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Weld isn't Johnson

So, Weld isn't on the ticket? The ballot won't indicate that a vote cast for Johnson is also a vote cast for Weld? A Vice President has zero influence on the policy decisions of the President? Presidential candidates don't choose Vice Presidential candidates for their policy positions? And Weld, as Vice President, won't be a heartbeat away from the presidency?

And are you suggesting that Trump would protect gun rights?

Pence? he's been OK on guns although I think he'd roll over on that in a second if it helped his Washington career. He's certainly been a disgusting bossypants with his religious laws. The best thing about him being on the ticket is that he won't be governor anymore.[/QUOTE]

I thought this was the Libertarian race thread. There's another thread for discussing Trump/Pence. But for clarity: yes: I am suggesting that Trump's stated policy position, his campaign rhetoric, his VP pick, and his SCOTUS nominee short list all indicate that Trump/Pence will protect gun rights - both in general, and especially as compared to Clinton/Kaine and Johnson/Weld.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Rand was one of my favorites this cycle and would have voted for him without reservation had he been able to secure the nomination -- even if it were in the LP. He certainly would have been a better candidate than the ones the R's and the LP nominated.

Top 5 Issues Where Rand Paul is More Libertarian Than Gary Johnson

(I hate those slide show formats some of the websites use).

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Rand was one of my favorites this cycle and would have voted for him without reservation had he been able to secure the nomination -- even if it were in the LP. He certainly would have been a better candidate than the ones the R's and the LP nominated.

yes Rand would also have been a good candidate. He doesn't stick to his principles as well as his father, but he also would be a huge improvement and not just a "lesser evil"

AFAIK only Carson, Paul, and Johnson have said they would review and consider pardoning Snowden. I think that speaks volumes about who the real enemies of the people are.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Gary Johnson leads Trump and Clinton in poll of unemployed pot smokers from Denver. :rolleyes:

Any other unimportant demographics we need to cover?

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg

Well, considering the Republicans roundly rejected Rand Paul in favor of Trump, it doesn't particularly matter how he stacks up to Gary Johnson. He isn't running for President and Johnson is. So, how does Johnson stack up against Hillary and Trump? Pretty favorably, I'd say.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well, considering the Republicans roundly rejected Rand Paul in favor of Trump, it doesn't particularly matter how he stacks up to Gary Johnson. He isn't running for President and Johnson is. So, how does Johnson stack up against Hillary and Trump? Pretty favorably, I'd say.

Opinions vary. Some say yes, some say....meh.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am a Rand Paul guy and even still voted for him in the primary. I was ready to vote for Johnson but he chose Weld and now there's no one left to vote for.

Oh. There's always someone to vote for.

Al Bundy for President! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom