The Libertarian Party Race is Filling Up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So correct me if I'm wrong. Bill and Ted are for individual liberty, unless it's hard or inconvenient or they're busy.

Some individual liberty is more better than some other individual liberty...but it's nothing the boot on your neck party can't control.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    So I guess the libertarians are throwing the whole "free association" thing out of the platform, eh?

Facebook friend is a huge Johnson guy. He's claiming the Washington Examiner somehow made this story up.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So I guess the libertarians are throwing the whole "free association" thing out of the platform, eh?

Facebook friend is a huge Johnson guy. He's claiming the Washington Examiner somehow made this story up.

He's been pretty consistent on this. I take him at his word.

[video=youtube_share;COItiKtHWyg]http://youtu.be/COItiKtHWyg[/video]

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Nope. Johnson stated in the interview that he was at odds with the party and libertarians on that issue. It's one many of us have called him on and disagree with him on.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    You haven't convinced me that this would be a better outcome? If the Libertarian Party were in charge, what built in advantages would they write for themselves?

I think your assertion that the Libertarian party might become just as bad as the others once it became successful is quite possibly true. And if that happens I'll not support their candidate in that futuristic world. Most people start out supporting a party or a candidate to help bring about positive change. When you start supporting the party for the sake of the party, it would indeed be time to move on. If that happens in 4 years or 8 years or 12 years, I'll be in favor of skewering the Libertarian party just like the Repubs or Dems should be tossed out right now. Unfortunately, it's not really feasible to run for office without joining a political party. And right now, libertarians, even libertarian-light like Johnson represents far more freedom than Clump.

They are just more leftists...
    I suggest you look/listen to more of Johnson's interviews or simply look at his record as governor. He actually vetoed spending and silly laws repeatedly.

If Weld were at the top of the ticket, I'd be much less enthusiastic although he would still be a clear improvement over Trump or Clinton.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I suggest you look/listen to more of Johnson's interviews or simply look at his record as governor. He actually vetoed spending and silly laws repeatedly.

If Weld were at the top of the ticket, I'd be much less enthusiastic although he would still be a clear improvement over Trump or Clinton.
    I have been reading his positions on Reason's FB feed. I detest his social justice stance it leads to a complete discounting of private property rights (not to mention religious rights, but I have noticed those seem to be widely rejected by the liberatarians.). I also saw the article where he wants some kind of scheme to subsidize incomes... I got through the first paragraph, my head exploded and I moved along. I probably could have voted for the LP this year.

Top Bottom