The Libertarian Party Race is Filling Up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    [video=youtube;LGD8gJt7weU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGD8gJt7weU[/video]

Is "marriage equality" really still an issue? And why is this an issue for a presidential candidate to be running on (and a major part of his campaign message--seems like he brings it up every time he talks about his campaign)? If he were really about smaller, more efficient government wouldn't he be running on getting the government out of the marriage business entirely? And the part about getting the government out of peoples' bedrooms...I guess keeping them in peoples' cake shops is OK with these "liberty" minded individuals.

I'm not a single issue voter but there are certain non-negotiable points that a candidate must pass for me to consider them and pro-abortion is an automatic disqualifier.

No thanks, Libertarian Party. Not this year...again.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    He believes it and says it because it's based on fact and not nationalistic BS rhetoric.
    The Mythical Connection Between Immigrants and Crime - WSJ

I would say that he signally fails to understand that the President of the United States has the responsibilities of, first, upholding the Constitution, second, carrying out the laws of the nation, and in the course of doing to so represent the interests of the citizens of this country. It would seem that he an Obama have some common ground here.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'd say you're dead wrong, Dave. He has a good grasp of what the executives responsibilities are. Much better than Obama and certainly better than Trump or Clinton.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'd say you're dead wrong, Dave. He has a good grasp of what the executives responsibilities are. Much better than Obama and certainly better than Trump or Clinton.

If he has failed to grasp the aggregate of people the office calls for serving, he has failed from the beginning.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

If he has failed to grasp the aggregate of people the office calls for serving, he has failed from the beginning.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Or if everyone is trained to think "We have to vote for one of the two main parties, or our votes won't count"... then the main two parties have succeeded.

Here is how I see it. Trump may not be following in the footsteps of Charlton Heston, but a minimum he lacks the anti-gun venom Hillary brings to the table. He does stand for one of my top-tier issues in calling for a secure border. I am also satisfied that Trump would do much better in dealing with trade imbalances than either of the other two.

By contrast, Johnson seems more concerned with homosexuality, encouraging illegal immigrants, and drugs than with the Second Amendment and his country without borders approach would lead me to anticipate a push for unrestricted incoming trade regardless of whether it was reciprocated or not. He has already said he would use the force of government to force purveyors of goods and services to violate their own beliefs. At one time, he would have been a top pick with me. Since then, I have come to the conclusion that the man is a f**kup who does not offer very much at all corresponding to my own beliefs on governance.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    By contrast, Johnson seems more concerned with homosexuality, encouraging illegal immigrants, and drugs than with the Second Amendment and his country without borders approach would lead me to anticipate a push for unrestricted incoming trade regardless of whether it was reciprocated or not. He has already said he would use the force of government to force purveyors of goods and services to violate their own beliefs. At one time, he would have been a top pick with me. Since then, I have come to the conclusion that the man is a f**kup who does not offer very much at all corresponding to my own beliefs on governance.

Exactly. Watching the LPers defend their douche or turd sandwich (we really need to expand this to encompass more than 2 parties) is as entertaining as watching Hillary and Trump supporters.

Top Bottom