• ...and so much more!
  • edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Can we make the paint ball idea fly?

Either that or plain an simple, have the police pull them over for being a detriment to safe traffic flow. Once warned maybe they will get the idea, folks its the same people That do this.

"Slower Traffic keep Right"

Start fines when caught for the 2nd and 3rd times.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Can we make the paint ball idea fly?

Either that or plain an simple, have the police pull them over for being a detriment to safe traffic flow. Once warned maybe they will get the idea, folks its the same people That do this.

"Slower Traffic keep Right"

Start fines when caught for the 2nd and 3rd times.

I don't think you can fine someone for holding someone else up from breaking the law. IE speed limit.

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    We always called them "Left Lane Dwellers" when I was in GA at Dekalb County. It amazed me to see people get on I285 go across 5 lines to sit in the left lane for about 3 miles and then "work" their way back to the right to get off the Interstate. Left lane drivers are one of my biggest pet peaves.:xmad:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    When I am driving long distance and set my cruise control, if I come up on cars going slower than me, I'll get over to pass. If there are cars that are coming up on me, I will remain at my cruise control speed to finish up the pass and will not speed up for cars piling up behind me. They can just wait until I get ahead of the group I'm passing to pull over. I don't care how much of a hurry they are in, I will not allow their impatience to speed me up. I'm probably already going over the speed limit. Ride on my ass too closely and you'll get the slow down treatment to where I will stay along side the car I WAS passing until you back your ass off. There is absolutely no reason to follow a vehicle that close going that fast, just because you are in a hurry or have a compulsion to drive fast.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    What is up with people who live and die in the left lane while traveling on the interstate? ...

... be aware of others around me ...

You're in FLORIDA, right? Land of Retirement? :):

I used to drive a semi and this stuff pissed me off all the time. I'm sure I pissed off a few people myself, but it is different in a big truck like that.

On a motorcycle, I notice a lot of things that others don't seem to notice or care about. Things like stuff in the road, being too close to the car in front or behind, traveling with a car right next to me, paying attention to what's behind me as I wait to turn left, etc.

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    When I am driving long distance and set my cruise control, if I come up on cars going slower than me, I'll get over to pass. If there are cars that are coming up on me, I will remain at my cruise control speed to finish up the pass and will not speed up for cars piling up behind me. They can just wait until I get ahead of the group I'm passing to pull over. I don't care how much of a hurry they are in, I will not allow their impatience to speed me up. I'm probably already going over the speed limit. Ride on my ass too closely and you'll get the slow down treatment to where I will stay along side the car I WAS passing until you back your ass off. There is absolutely no reason to follow a vehicle that close going that fast, just because you are in a hurry or have a compulsion to drive fast.
    +1111 !!!!:D :yesway: :yesway:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    They need to make an EMP gun to stun the vehicles of the idiots who refuse to leave the left hand lane.

If I'm doing 77 passing a guy doing 70, I won't speed up for a faster driver behind me. If I'm only going a couple mph faster than the guy in front, I will speed up to keep traffic moving. I don't like cars bunched up around me, especially on my bike. As for slowing down to hold up traffic, it is not your responsibility to regulate traffic and save us from ourselves. That attitude is what causes rolling roadblocks and accidents.

These dumbasses who think they are being safe for doing 55 on 465 while everyone else is doing 65-70 are fools. I try go keep as few vehicles around me as possible.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    In the job I currently work during the week, I do no less than 60 miles of driving at the start and again at the end of my day, four days a week, with a fair but variable amount in the middle there, too. I've seen and been behind the rolling roadblock and do most (~60/40) of my driving in the left lane, though when someone is actually driving faster than me (it happens, but not often. :dunno:), I try to move over to let them by unless they're being an impatient rectal orifice and go to pass me on the right before I have a chance to move for them.

With that said, I am very disappointed at the number of people here who all say they want less government, smaller government, less intrusion into their lives, and then hypocritically say they want more fines, more regulation, more testing, etc. Really? You want more testing of drivers, say, annually, to see if they can still handle the car? Hmm. I've heard similar said of younger drivers, to remind them of the rules of the road. Maybe a year without their license will slow them down, make them be more courteous, etc. A'right, so if we're re-testing younger drivers and we're re-testing older drivers, why shouldn't EVERYBODY have to be retested for a driver's license every year? Gotta retake that stupid written test and gotta have a trooper in the car with you every year... Sure, that's a great idea!

If you really like police states, that is.

How about we just be courteous, be safe, and work with each other in cooperation, and not worry about everyone else and how we can make our big brother/nanny/benevolent(?) dictator force everyone else to do what we cannot force them to do ourselves? How would that be?

:soapbox: :ranton:

I guess John 8:7 (and yeah, I had to look it up) doesn't apply anymore.

Blessings,
    Bill

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I used to do this, but I got tired of the people who would gradually increase their speed to match my cruise. Now, if from the time I move to the left lane and I haven't passed in 30 seconds, I boost the throttle to get around the MF'er. I do this for two reasons. I hate it when someone rides in my blind spot for more than 20 seconds if the lane ahead is open; secondly, so that I don't unnecessarily back up traffic behind me.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Now, if from the time I move to the left lane and I haven't passed in 30 seconds, I boost the throttle to get around the MF'er. I do this for two reasons. I hate it when someone rides in my blind spot for more than 20 seconds if the lane ahead is open; secondly, so that I don't unnecessarily back up traffic behind me.
    :rockwoot:Now that is a breath of fresh air!
    Much, much better than those who refuse to be inconvenienced by speeding up slightly. Those who care not for sharing the road, being content to take miles to pass a car while in the passing lane.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I used to do this, but I got tired of the people who would gradually increase their speed to match my cruise. Now, if from the time I move to the left lane and I haven't passed in 30 seconds, I boost the throttle to get around the MF'er. I do this for two reasons. I hate it when someone rides in my blind spot for more than 20 seconds if the lane ahead is open; secondly, so that I don't unnecessarily back up traffic behind me.

Same thing I do. The last thing I want is a lead foot right behind me. The quicker I get out of his way, the quicker he is out of my hair.

Can any of the resident leo's give their opinions of the left lane losers?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Same thing I do. The last thing I want is a lead foot right behind me. The quicker I get out of his way, the quicker he is out of my hair.

Can any of the resident leo's give their opinions of the left lane losers?
    Well, we are trained to always travel in the left lane. That way if we need to go hot we are starting off in the correct lane. I don't like it when there is a line of cars in front of me going at or below the limit. I'm not trying to blow their doors off but I hate traveling in a crowd. If I am alone, there is less likely to be a collision. Somehow, I'm always in the front of any pack. Must be the car.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well, we are trained to always travel in the left lane. That way if we need to go hot we are starting off in the correct lane. I don't like it when there is a line of cars in front of me going at or below the limit. I'm not trying to blow their doors off but I hate traveling in a crowd. If I am alone, there is less likely to be a collision. Somehow, I'm always in the front of any pack. Must be the car.

I saw countless police cars with people pulled over or clocking people and they were causing rolling road blocks as well. It's a necessary evil because if there were no patrols, people would be doing 100+. I try to gauge my speed to where about 1 out of every 3-4 cars are passing me. If I'm passing everyone and not being passed myself, I'm going to fast. If everyone is passing me, I'm going to slow and holding up traffic. In normal day to day driving, I run about 5 over. 6-8 over was the normal pace on the interstates as I drove to Florida and back.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I try my best to be a courteous driver:

I will stay out of the passing lane when I'm not passing, going to turn left, or avoiding a debris.

I'm also courteous enough to either A) not pull into the passing lane when I see a faster vehicle approaching or B) complete my pass in such a manner as to minimize the amount of time that I'm in front of said faster vehicle.

I also make it a point that if I have to pull out or merge onto a road, that I do so in such a manner as to not cause approaching traffic to have to slow down on MY account. If I pull out into their lane, it's MY responsibility to accelerate.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I try my best to be a courteous driver:

I will stay out of the passing lane when I'm not passing, going to turn left, or avoiding a debris.

I'm also courteous enough to either A) not pull into the passing lane when I see a faster vehicle approaching or B) complete my pass in such a manner as to minimize the amount of time that I'm in front of said faster vehicle.

I also make it a point that if I have to pull out or merge onto a road, that I do so in such a manner as to not cause approaching traffic to have to slow down on MY account. If I pull out into their lane, it's MY responsibility to accelerate.

Repped! This is all I ask from others on the road. I don't expect to not hit the brakes at all when I'm doing 5-8 mph over but it is really irritating when a guy doing 71 passes a guy doing 70 and cuts out right in front of you because he didn't want to have to tap his brakes. If you are going to pull out, give it a little gas and get around.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    yo dude. most semi's are speed governed and paid by the mile. :xmad: give 'em a break. they are trying to feed a family and pay the bills. I drive for a living trying to keep you and the thousands of other "me first" idiots safe on the highway. take a chill pill and don't worry about the 5 extra minutes you have to spend on the road. the life you save may be your own.:rockwoot:

Are you serious? The left lane is for passing. Slower traffic keep right and/or NO TRUCKS IN LEFT LANE is a common "rule" so move over. No reason for a semi to be anywhere but the rightmost lanes.

I'm SICK of getting behind self-righteous A-holes when I drive into Chicago. Guess who it is predominantly- a certain type of person with their "obama '08" bumper sticker LOVES to sit in the left lane on a three lane highway and go EXACTLY the speed limit. Then when I try and pass them on the right, they speed up like a mofo. I'm sick of a certain type of people thinking they run and own everything because of their righteous leader is in office.

What I'm saying is coming from everyday experiences, not some deep hatred I was born with. Don't flame me.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN

You aren't on the road to regulate traffic. Move the hell over when someone wants by. It's up to them to decide how much they are willing to risk by speeding, NOT YOU.

I love f*cking hypocrites. YOU decide how much YOU want to go over the speed limit and set your cruise for it and won't move over for ANYONE ELSE who wants to go a bit faster...

What if that person is in a hurry for a reason? What if they usually go slower than YOU but this time they NEED to be moving? They are breaking the law LESS frequently or LESS seriously as you ALWAYS do but YOU have to regulate them and how fast THEY can go NOW when YOU are on the road?

Give me a friggin' break!

I move up on people's asses when they don't get out of the way for faster traffic. Sometimes I feel the need to go well over the limit, sometimes not. I ALWAYS look in my mirror and if I see someone coming, I move over as soon as it's possible. I don't act like a jackass and make them maneuver around THEN play games with them by slowing down or speeding up to keep them from passing me or someone else.

You sir are act like jackass on the road. Plain and simple.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    No? They guy admitted to acting like a Jackass on purpose. I know, I know, you're one of my favorite trolls. I understand...

Top Bottom