• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What is up with people who live and die in the left lane while traveling on the interstate? I followed a guy around 100 miles today and the only time he ever left the left lane was to pass people who were slower than him. Countless people had to pass him on the right. You'd think he'd get the picture. Slightly less annoying is peoples' inability to use cruise contol. My cruise only varies about 1 mph. Many times, I get in the other lane to go around someone that I'm gaining on, only to have them speed up and pull away as I try to pass them.

If I'm in the left lane and passing someone slowly and have a faster drive come up behind me, I speed up to get out of the way of the guy behind me. My dad taught me to be aware of others around me and to stay out of peoples way. Isn't anyone else taught to be considerate of others any more? Sometimes I wonder if these people do that because they think that by slowing traffic down, they are making it safer for everyone or they just don't care about others.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    What is up with people who live and die in the left lane while traveling on the interstate? I followed a guy around 100 miles today and the only time he ever left the left lane was to pass people who were slower than him. Countless people had to pass him on the right. You'd think he'd get the picture. Slightly less annoying is peoples' inability to use cruise contol. My cruise only varies about 1 mph. Many times, I get in the other lane to go around someone that I'm gaining on, only to have them speed up and pull away as I try to pass them.

If I'm in the left lane and passing someone slowly and have a faster drive come up behind me, I speed up to get out of the way of the guy behind me. My dad taught me to be aware of others around me and to stay out of peoples way. Isn't anyone else taught to be considerate of others any more? Sometimes I wonder if these people do that because they think that by slowing traffic down, they are making it safer for everyone or they just don't care about others.

You are on VACATION if you don't relax I swear I will find you rape your dog and shoot your wife!!!!!!:D

What that is backwards..... Switch those two around...:rockwoot:

Dude you are going to have a heart attack and die, RELAX enjoy your vacation, people are idots everywhere you just have to ignore it...:cheers:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a friend of mine that is in her mid 70's. She likes traveling fast and in the left lane too. Who knows why because I don't.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Haha I wondered how long it would take for somebody to make a thread like this after reading about a dozen complaints about people that suck at driving in the "things I hate" thread.

I like driving the interstates in Florida. On spring break 80mph was for the slow lane.:rockwoot:

I know how you feel though, with nothing to do but drive, it just takes one person to ruin the only thing that you can do at that time.

Semi's are the worst. They all drive so close to the same speed, when one wants to pass another sometimes it can take 5 whole minutes. Nose and nose, back and forth, you would think a little light would turn on and they would say "Oh geeze this is taking forever, maybe I should gas it and save the 800 people behind me some time" BUT NO!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    There is a whole generation brought up on the idea that they don't have to follow the laws, or rules of the road, and it isn't their fault. Left lane bandits, use of turn signals, and most other general rules of just being considerate to their fellow human beings just don't applie to the clinton generation.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    This is the thing that PISSES me off most about driving. IDIOTS!

THE LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING ONLY!

I wanted to get one of the signs "Slower traffic keep right" and flash'em before I paintball em...

Ok, I got that off my chest. Did I say something about idiots and ...........

Crap, I need another beer now, thanks.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    This is the thing that PISSES me off most about driving. IDIOTS!

THE LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING ONLY!

I wanted to get one of the signs "Slower traffic keep right" and flash'em before I paintball em...

Ok, I got that off my chest. Did I say something about idiots and ...........

Crap, I need another beer now, thanks.

I really like that idea!! I've seen banners you can put across the top of your windshield that say that so that the person in front of you can read it in their rearview mirror. I want one!! :D

And I do like the idea about the paintballing part, but... my luck they'd get my lic plate # and turn me in. So I think I'll stay away from that idea ;)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Haha I wondered how long it would take for somebody to make a thread like this after reading about a dozen complaints about people that suck at driving in the "things I hate" thread.

I like driving the interstates in Florida. On spring break 80mph was for the slow lane.:rockwoot:

I know how you feel though, with nothing to do but drive, it just takes one person to ruin the only thing that you can do at that time.

Semi's are the worst. They all drive so close to the same speed, when one wants to pass another sometimes it can take 5 whole minutes. Nose and nose, back and forth, you would think a little light would turn on and they would say "Oh geeze this is taking forever, maybe I should gas it and save the 800 people behind me some time" BUT NO!
    yo dude. most semi's are speed governed and paid by the mile. :xmad: give 'em a break. they are trying to feed a family and pay the bills. I drive for a living trying to keep you and the thousands of other "me first" idiots safe on the highway. take a chill pill and don't worry about the 5 extra minutes you have to spend on the road. the life you save may be your own.:rockwoot:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...trying to keep you and the thousands of other "me first" idiots safe on the highway. take a chill pill and don't worry about the 5 extra minutes you have to spend on the road. the life you save may be your own.:rockwoot:
    Oh, so you're that guy who feels the need to regulate traffic flow according to how you see fit?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I've got to jump on the whole semi thing a little bit.

I take Highway 41 to work every morning and home in the evening. It is 2 lanes each way. I can't tell you how many times semis are in both lanes, going very slow, and taking forever to get up to speed. I would understand if they needed to turn, but most of the time they just slog along with seemingly thousands of cars stuck behind them with no way to get around them.

I would expect the semi drivers would try to stay in the right lane, especially during rush hours.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Over my (short) driving life I have observed that when someone is being slow in the fast lane...it's 95/100 someone on their cell phone. 4/100 an elderly person who should probably not be driving...and the rare 1/100 times someone who is just out there...

But I HATE it, I usually get up close to them for a second, if that doesn't work I'll pull close to the left hand white line and if that fails I pass in the slow lane. But really, who doesn't understand that the LEFT lane is for FAST vehicles PASSING slow ones!

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Over my (short) driving life I have observed that when someone is being slow in the fast lane...it's 95/100 someone on their cell phone. 4/100 an elderly person who should probably not be driving...and the rare 1/100 times someone who is just out there...

But I HATE it, I usually get up close to them for a second, if that doesn't work I'll pull close to the left hand white line and if that fails I pass in the slow lane. But really, who doesn't understand that the LEFT lane is for FAST vehicles PASSING slow ones!
    I once wrote a paper regarding elderly drivers and how they should have their driving abilities tested regularly in order to keep their licenses. I backed it with research and pulled off an A. I should reformat it as a letter to my representative...

The worst thing about some people on cell phones is their inability to stay in their own lane. I recall a call to Huntington county dispatch reporting a possible drunk driver. It turns out that the individual was holding her phone with one hand, while shifting and steering with the other. Ridiculous...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    3-4 years ago my daughter was in HS drivers ed. Her instructor told her, "when in the four lane, just go ahead and stay in the left lane, there's less traffic there." Lazy bast*rd!:xmad: I did correct that.

The first time she drove with me, after completing the class, we had another learning experience. Her friend, who had taken the class with her, was with us. We were on a curvy hilly two lane road. My daughter asked why I was looking behind us so much. I explained that we had 4 or 5 cars behind us and that we needed to be looking for a place to pull over and let them by. Her friend quickly chimed in with "well those people just need to get over it!" Needless to say, we pulled over at the first opportunity. Both girls got a lecture in common courtesy.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yes, people who drive less than the speed limit and refuse to pull off **** me off to no end as well.

I've been running 6-8 mph over and it seems I'm constantly passing on the right.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    There is a whole generation brought up on the idea that they don't have to follow the laws, or rules of the road, and it isn't their fault. Left lane bandits, use of turn signals, and most other general rules of just being considerate to their fellow human beings just don't applie to the clinton generation.

Hardly just the Clinton generation. If you didn't notice he's been out of office for over 8 frigging years. Half the kids graduating today don't know how to spell, use capital letters, or even what punctuation even is. I doubt if a lot of them even know if 60 MPH is faster or slower than 50. They sure can't figure the tax on $3 purchase and make change for a 5 with out a cash register that has pictures on the buttons.

Top Bottom