• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    Dang, that’s a hard-looking 36. No wonder she’s all pissed off and violent.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Why didn't they have a rifle or a 10mm or more powerful self-defense handgun with them?
    Is this a Canada thing?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

In our state there are requirements.
    Maybe not in California I wouldn't know.
    He's trying to say homeschooling should be forced to teach state and federal government dictated education so 3+ million home schooled children are indoctrinated with the rest is my opinion of his rant.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

He's trying to say homeschooling should be forced to teach state and federal government dictated education so 3+ million home schooled children are indoctrinated with the rest is my opinion of his rant.
    Can't disagree with this:

"He pointed to one history book that claimed that the early 20th century witnesses “a cultural breakdown that threatened to destroy the very roots of western civilization” because of liberalism;"

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Can't disagree with this:

"He pointed to one history book that claimed that the early 20th century witnesses “a cultural breakdown that threatened to destroy the very roots of western civilization” because of liberalism;"
    Every school needs to teach that FACT.
    Liberalism was a problem in the early 1900s? So the era that gave birth to the greatest generation?

Very little requirements. They have to attend 180 days, with attendance records kept. Instruction must be in English. And "Instruction equivalent to that given in the public schools". But there is nothing that says what equivalent is, no required courses, and no standards. If transferring a H.S student to homeschool there is a form to be signed, otherwise they are considered a dropout.

That being said I have no problem in general with homeschooling, have known people who were homeschooled, and parents who homeschooled their kids. And did a wonderful job. And that is the majority of those I've known.

Unfortunately I also know some kids that are homeschooled simply because their parent doesn't want to be bothered to wake them up and get them off to school, or deal with having them do their school work.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Liberalism was a problem in the early 1900s? So the era that gave birth to the greatest generation?

Very little requirements. They have to attend 180 days, with attendance records kept. Instruction must be in English. And "Instruction equivalent to that given in the public schools". But there is nothing that says what equivalent is, no required courses, and no standards. If transferring a H.S student to homeschool there is a form to be signed, otherwise they are considered a dropout.

That being said I have no problem in general with homeschooling, have known people who were homeschooled, and parents who homeschooled their kids. And did a wonderful job.

Unfortunately I also know some kids that are homeschooled simply because their parent doesn't want to be bothered to wake them up and get them off to school, or deal with having them do their school work.
    I have known people who homeschooled and their children were way ahead of public school, their children went to Hanover college and graduated in the top 5 of their class.

I've also known many who homeschooled and their children were as or more competent than public school students.

I also know of a woman who used home schooling to do nothing and the judge took custody away from her and gave it to their father who put them in school. They were several years behind the rest of their classmates, but they only put them back 2 years and by the time they got to high school they became honor roll students.
    She was an exception as in one in a multitude.

So yes there are good and bad parents. However, it is and should not be regulated more than knowing basics for each grade level, in reading, writing, and arithmetic.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I have known people who homeschooled and their children were way ahead of public school, their children went to Hanover college and graduated in the top 5 of their class.

I've also known many who homeschooled and their children were as or more competent than public school students.

I also know of a woman who used home schooling to do nothing and the judge took custody away from her and gave it to their father who put them in school. They were several years behind the rest of their classmates, but they only put them back 2 years and by the time they got to high school they became honor roll students.
    She was an exception as in one in a multitude.

So yes there are good and bad parents. However, it is and should not be regulated more than knowing basics for each grade level, in reading, writing, and arithmetic.
    Yep, and as I said in my edit that is the majority of those I've known. One young man I know was way ahead. Went to Ivy tech to learn welding and was certified in all position welds in mig, stick, and I believe tig. When he was 17.

I'm guessing that the one who lost custody was because the father took her to court. Not any outside agency, but I could be wrong. In the case I'm talking about that is not going to happen. Father is worse than the mother.

I can agree with those requirements but would include at least basic science. Biology, chemistry, earth science, etc. But as I said there is no current requirements for any of those to be taught in IN.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yep, and as I said in my edit that is the majority of those I've known. One young man I know was way ahead. Went to Ivy tech to learn welding and was certified in all position welds in mig, stick, and I believe tig. When he was 17.

I'm guessing that the one who lost custody was because the father took her to court. Not any outside agency, but I could be wrong. In the case I'm talking about that is not going to happen. Father is worse than the mother.

I can agree with those requirements but would include at least basic science. Biology, chemistry, earth science, etc. But as I said there is no current requirements for any of those to be taught in IN.
    Science, biology, earth Science etc is why many homeschooled their children.
    Much of this supposed Science is done with the Scientists world view and it is slanted from that world view.
    If parents do not believe in evolution then they should have the right to teach creation, and world flood.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Much of this supposed Science is done with the Scientists world view and it is slanted from that world view.
    If parents do not believe in evolution then they should have the right to teach creation, and world flood.
    And flat earth?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm fine with teaching creation, although IMO it should be taught alongside "standard" science but that would be up to the parents. But basic earth science such as the earth's makeup core, magma, crust, tectonic plates, etc has nothing to do with how it was created/formed. Same with basic biology and how living organisms function.

And flat earth?
    How about the earth is the center of the universe and/or the sun revolves around the earth?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom