Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, in other words, they are trying to accomplish what every tribe has wanted since the beginning of recorded history and before.

Civilized societies try to use a more orderly system for the transfer of power. They are not civilized. This, if correct, is devolution.

Yes. Humans have progressed society to recognize certain destructive societal patterns and eliminate them from society. That's pretty much the founding principles of this nation, albeit, regrettably, they did not extend across all races. But society has even progressed beyond that to incrementally eliminate those destructive societal patterns as well. And now the dingbats want to revert all that progress to flip the hierarchy as they see it. You see it at some gatherings. White people to the back. Let the black people speak first. Etcetera. It's not equality they seek, obviously.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    That cannot be. We have evolved. War is a thing of the past. History is fading away so we can all live in peace.

Just as Marx and Engels predicted, there would be no more need for government. Exactly like how it has worked out everyplace it was tried in the 20th century.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Yes. Humans have progressed society to recognize certain destructive societal patterns and eliminate them from society. That's pretty much the founding principles of this nation, albeit, regrettably, they did not extend across all races. But society has even progressed beyond that to incrementally eliminate those destructive societal patterns as well. And now the dingbats want to revert all that progress to flip the hierarchy as they see it. You see it at some gatherings. White people to the back. Let the black people speak first. Etcetera. It's not equality they seek, obviously.

So true; they seek power, and they assume that they, or people who think like they do, will retain that power once it is seized.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I apologize for the source. It is full of garbage ads, BUT it is a must read to the end. It is long, but you need to see what they think.

[h=1]After Massive Uprising, City Council Members Look to Entirely Disband Minneapolis PD[/h]

Minneapolis, MN — After a massive uprising in Minneapolis, Minnesota that subsequently spread to nearly every state in the country, significant change appears to be on the horizon. Several city council members in Minneapolis are reportedly in talks to disband the Minneapolis Police Department. This would be a revolutionary move to affect positive change and allow the city to start over with a police force designed around public safety instead of predation and extortion.

As the Star Tribune reports, the Minneapolis Public School board voted unanimously Tuesday to terminate the MPD’s contract to provide school resource officers. The district will cease further negotiations with the department and Superintendent Ed Graff must come up with a new plan for school safety by the board’s Aug. 18 meeting.

Imagine a police force that acted more like firefighters or EMTs. Firefighters don’t have to go door to door looking for fires, in order to be effective. EMTs, just like firefighters wait for a call before reacting and their services are often proven invaluable contrary to that of police work. Perhaps this recent chaos can be used to channel this notion to the forefront and completely revamp the idea of policing in the land of the free. We can only hope that this comes sooner than later. To see how you can help to make it come sooner, click here.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    They can spout whatever platitudes they want, but no matter what the start with after disbanding the PD, eventually, it will look a lot like a police department as we know it today.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I apologize for the source. It is full of garbage ads, BUT it is a must read to the end. It is long, but you need to see what they think.

After Massive Uprising, City Council Members Look to Entirely Disband Minneapolis PD

"As the Star Tribune reports, the Minneapolis Public School board voted unanimously Tuesday to terminate the MPD’s contract to provide school resource officers. The district will cease further negotiations with the department and Superintendent Ed Graff must come up with a new plan for school safety by the board’s Aug. 18 meeting"

Yeah... and the first time a school shooting happens...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They can spout whatever platitudes they want, but no matter what the start with after disbanding the PD, eventually, it will look a lot like a police department as we know it today.

I'm kinda afraid that the replacement for the police department will be something much worse. And the reason I think that is because it looks a lot like they're ideologically possessed. Every solution can't go against their beliefs. It will spiral into something destructive way before it re-evolves into something that looks like the police department. Unless cooler heads prevail. And I strongly suspect the cooler heads will just give up and move. If they continue on this path, it leads to destruction, I'm afraid.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There was also a line about school resource officers beating children being all over the news, but I got sick of ingesting the garbage so I didn't go back for it.

Has anyone seen these reports, I have not.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm kinda afraid that the replacement for the police department will be something much worse. And the reason I think that is because it looks a lot like they're ideologically possessed. Every solution can't go against their beliefs. It will spiral into something destructive way before it re-evolves into something that looks like the police department. Unless cooler heads prevail. And I strongly suspect the cooler heads will just give up and move. If they continue on this path, it leads to destruction, I'm afraid.

Maybe, and I don't know what "eventually" is, but there is a reason why police departments look the way they do and it's not all racism and oppression.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    In other news:

Omni Consumer Products wins a contract from the Minneapolis city government to privatize the police force.

[video=youtube;7PAOsS3HM78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PAOsS3HM78&list=PLcDQ8dUgY0cDg_axoC5i D8U9BbxIRaRZc&index=148[/video]

Last edited:

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

Maybe, and I don't know what "eventually" is, but there is a reason why police departments look the way they do and it's not all racism and oppression.

Camdem, NJ did this with their PD, primarily to rid themselves of a union that stood in the way of reforms, or, if stories to be believed, even good day-to-day management of the PD. The excessive cost of the unionized police department was too much for the city to bear.

A couple of years later, the replacement PD is unionized. Here is a fairly neutral article about the change.

The new and improved PD is still in New Jersey, so it is unlikely to become more like it used to be. Just like Minneapolis is in Minnesota.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    <strong>​In other news:</strong><span style="font-family: Roboto, arial, sans-serif"><font color="#4d5156"><br>
    <br>
    Omni Consumer Products wins a contract from the Minneapolis city government to privatize the police force.

[video=youtube;7PAOsS3HM78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PAOsS3HM78&amp;amp;list=PLcDQ8dUgY0cDg_axoC5i D8U9BbxIRaRZc&amp;amp;index=148[/video]

I'm sure that, harnessing the power that comes with being a private company, Omni will bring some serious technical innovations to their patrol officers! :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I agree with that. Societal institutions in the West has evolved the way it has for reasons that have nothing to with oppression.

I think two things have set society on its end in a way that stopped the progression. One is the idea that every current societal institution is inherently oppressive and needs to be deconstructed. The other is mass social media running algorithms, which accelerate the spread of such bad thinking beyond society's capability to rebut it.

I think there is a point beyond which we can't reverse it. By going so far to consider that police should be abolished, Minnesota is getting pretty close. So once beyond that point there is no "eventually" in a society that is still the same United States that was before all this. After the spiral to destruction, maybe another like it might rise up and undoubtedly, might have system based on rule of law, and will therefore have a justice system that might be structured a lot like ours.

Hopefully the residents of Minneapolis will be scared ****less of these city councelors, and vote them out ASAP.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Hopefully the residents of Minneapolis will be scared ****less of these city councelors, and vote them out ASAP.

Unfortunately, based on what the voters there have done so far, I think they will do quite the opposite.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -H. L. Mencken

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Unfortunately, based on what the voters there have done so far, I think they will do quite the opposite.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -H. L. Mencken

I always thought it would be Portland. They generally get the highest marks for bat **** crazy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom