Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    An update on this from one year ago in the previous SJW thread:

GPIA7R said:
    Starting to like HeatStreet, they tend to cover these sorts of things

Feminist Anita Sarkeesian Calls YouTuber Sargon of Akkad a ‘Garbage Human’ During Vidcon Panel

Makes it easier to share these happenings with people not in-the-know.

VidCon CEO addresses last year’s Anita Sarkeesian incident: ‘We made a mistake’

This entire article is nonsense. Full of inaccuracies, omissions as to what happened, and continued lying about what GamerGate was about.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Those white feminist cis-female between 5'5" and 5'7" that live in the 317 area code and have brown hair are oppressing the white feminist cis-female between 5'5" and 5'7" that live in the 317 area code and have blonde hair.

How deep can the inter-sectional rabbit hole go... they will find out. They love to eat their own... you always have to be angry at someone or something, and if you can't, you divide yourself up more so you can find one.

When your abbreviation is longer than an actual word, you have a problem. LGBT? OK, I can get behind that. Then it was LGBTQ. OK, still not too long. Then those that were genderfluid wanted their own letter. Then those that are non-binary wanted their letter. etc etc etc until the damned acronym is 20 letters long. LGBTPQTT(lmnop) (because if Transgender gets their own T, so should Third sex and Transsexualism. And then dont forget those who are non conforming to binary gender... :rolleyes: )

Cant we just come up with an overarching word that means "not a traditional heterosexual person who identifies solely with their biological gender"? Of course not, because some people are self absorbed, entitled whiny idiots who cant play nice with others and must be acknowledged as exactly and precisely what they feel they are and not lumped into a group with strikingly, overwhelmingly similar traits. :xmad: Whats next? Differentiating between different nationalities of non-CISgenders? (White gay, black gay, black transgender, asian gay, asian trans, Ginger nonbinary, etc.)

And for the record, if you are LGBT, I dont care. I'll still love you as a fellow human being. Dont be a jerk, and be a good human and we'll get along fine. I care more about how you get along with others than how you identify as a person, the clothes you choose to wear, who you are attracted to, etc.

Now when we start getting silly on the pronouns (weird ones other than he/she) then we may have to throw down. I'll gladly entertain calling you "she" when you identify as a female even though you are biologically male. I'm absolutely cool with that. But when you start with the ze, zir, xe, zhir, per, etc. Bull :poop:, I draw the line! I flatly, vehemently, and AGGRESSIVELY refuse to learn and employ 30+ gender nonspecific pronouns simply because you refuse to accept EITHER gender. I dropped out of German class in high school because I couldnt handle 9 seemingly random pronouns, so your 30+ are right out. I'll happily address you based on a biological gender, even if its not scientifically accurate; Just dont expect me to use some new set of pronouns invented out of whole cloth to describe neither gender. If you cannot accept that your gender is binary, even if its the inverse of your biological gender, you need some serious therapy. (e.g. if you are asexual and not attracted to ANYONE sexually, that doesnt mean you deserve your own pronoun)
    /vent

On a related note, I had this happen the other day:

Was standing outside the restrooms at Meijer as my daughter was going to the bathroom. I noticed a thin, 20 something young black man with a scraggly, patchy wanna-be beard and natural hair surfing on his phone, also waiting. I started surveying him and noticed first the stretch jeans. Then the white keds.

"Ugh..." I thought to myself. "A damned hipster."

Then I noticed the long fake nails that were a gorgeous deep red. "Whew! Just LGBTQ. That was close!" Nobody likes a hipster.:)::)::):

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'll gladly entertain calling you "she" when you identify as a female even though you are biologically male. I'm absolutely cool with that.

Your line of tolerance surpasses mine. I don't play pretend beyond the age of 12.

Fluid isn't a thing. Either cut the junk off, or you're a man. I'm not interested in humoring feelings.

There is no going back and forth between genders for convenience. It's all attention-seeking bullcrap.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Figured this was a good thread for it... since it's related to free speech.

Article 13 passed in the EU. Memes are soon to be illegal!

Europe's New Copyright Rules Are Like YouTube's Content ID System—for the Entire Internet

We'll have to see how far they push this nonsense now.

The summary: This requires sites to filter all submissions against a database of copyrighted works—creating a censorship machine that puts thousands of daily activities and millions of Internet users at the mercy of algorithmic filters.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Figured this was a good thread for it... since it's related to free speech.

Article 13 passed in the EU. Memes are soon to be illegal!

Europe's New Copyright Rules Are Like YouTube's Content ID System—for the Entire Internet

We'll have to see how far they push this nonsense now.

The summary: This requires sites to filter all submissions against a database of copyrighted works—creating a censorship machine that puts thousands of daily activities and millions of Internet users at the mercy of algorithmic filters.

This sort of nonsense will be the death knell of the EU.

Easy border crossing, road improvements, continental peace, cheese protection, all good things... but now, now they've gone too far. There's plenty of things in every industry where they're causing a lot of pain, too.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    m3UYpwW.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Your line of tolerance surpasses mine. I don't play pretend beyond the age of 12.

Fluid isn't a thing. Either cut the junk off, or you're a man. I'm not interested in humoring feelings.

There is no going back and forth between genders for convenience. It's all attention-seeking bullcrap.

Leftist. I hold out for when the DNA/chromosomes have been changed.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    Now when we start getting silly on the pronouns (weird ones other than he/she) then we may have to throw down. I'll gladly entertain calling you "she" when you identify as a female even though you are biologically male. I'm absolutely cool with that. But when you start with the ze, zir, xe, zhir, per, etc. Bull :poop:, I draw the line! I flatly, vehemently, and AGGRESSIVELY refuse to learn and employ 30+ gender nonspecific pronouns simply because you refuse to accept EITHER gender.

I feel like a fire truck, I have always felt like a fire truck ...so now that's what I am.. and you better see me as a fire truck, and teach your children that even though I don't look like a fire truck.. I most certainly am a fire truck and If you treat me any other way than how you treat a fire truck that makes you a racist bigot ... now doesn't that sound stupid.. that's what these people are telling society that we need to treat them like there is nothing DISTURBING about gender confused people that obviously need mental help

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There has to be evidence of them lying for them to be punished, though. A legit rape situation shouldn't have that.

I'm talking about the ones that come out later, and admit they were lying, and someone was convicted.
    Or, some variations of that.

When they come out, and admit lying, people get angry, and rightfully so.
    But then there are claims of things, such as "they should serve the sentence".
    Well, I agree that there should be a punishment for ruining someone's life.
    BUT...
    Make that punishment too hard, and is anyone going to come out, and confess?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm talking about the ones that come out later, and admit they were lying, and someone was convicted.
    Or, some variations of that.

When they come out, and admit lying, people get angry, and rightfully so.
    But then there are claims of things, such as "they should serve the sentence".
    Well, I agree that there should be a punishment for ruining someone's life.
    BUT...
    Make that punishment too hard, and is anyone going to come out, and confess?

Ahhh, I see what you're saying.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just going to copy this from KiA. None of my editorialization.

---

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/8snmb1/ted_attempting_to_purge_tedx_video_titled/

TED attempting to purge TEDx video titled "Pedophilia is a natural sexual orientation" from the Internet

Z_for_Zontar said:
    For those unaware, a few days ago a TEDx video titles "TEDx | Pedophilia is a natural sexual orientation | Mirjam Heine | University of Würzburg" was uploaded to TEDx's official YouTube channel. The video went viral, getting over 6 million views before being taken down after an overwhelmingly negative response. What has happened since has been an attempt by TED to purge the video from the internet, as all mirrors on YouTube and Vimeo have at the time been taken down, all with a notice that they've been taken down due to a third party claim by "TED Conferences LLC".

This is already bad in and of itself for obvious reason, but it gets worst when one takes into account the fact that TED does not own the copyright to TEDx videos. If someone wants to upload one, unedited, in its entirety, they are allowed to do so, in fact most videos of theirs that go viral do so on other channels then their official one. TED has no legal basis for issuing takedowns, and yet it is, for reasons that are pretty obvious given the image problem the video creates (despite the nature of TEDx and its relationship to TED).

The worrying thing about this is as of yet I haven't seen any YouTubers make mention of this video, which is very worrying since without more attention from outside a few corners of the web this video could be memoryhole'd successfully.

Here's a link to one of the mirrors to prove it existed and TED took it down (unless it has gone back up at a later date):

https://vimeo.com/275892531

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom