GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If a single kind of marriage is intolerant, then accepting only one additional one is only marginally less intolerant.

After all, love is love and just because we might find something icky makes it our problem not theirs...because how other people choose to live their lives doesn't affect our lives one, single bit.

(Just applying the lessons I've learned over the last few years).

Those damn far righters and their intolerance and opposition to child marriages. Diversity is our strength and all cultures are equal.

DjV_lZrVAAAEJok.jpg:small

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Oh? Really? Is this what you want to do?

Do you seriously want to go down this road? This line of thought? Really?

DjUBRNhW4AE7ouK.jpg:small
    The NY Times News Service, huh? I was told that when they laid off half their staff it was such a loss... I say it wasn't enough.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Continuing on the "vilify people for jokes" theme... Sarah Silverman now under fire for a 9 year old joke about child molestation.

Attacking comedians for bad jokes is peak SJW nonsense.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Continuing on the "vilify people for jokes" theme... Sarah Silverman now under fire for a 9 year old joke about child molestation.

Attacking comedians for bad jokes is peak SJW nonsense.

Absolutely it is.

Whether it's "us" or "them" (regardless of who is us or them), we should all reject this witch hunt.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The joke is actually sort of funny, too.

Silverman said:
    Hey, is it considered molestation if the child makes the first move? I'm gonna need a quick answer on this.

I mean, if you can differentiate the real world and a crude joke... it's not poorly constructed, it's not shocking-for-the-sake-of-shocking, it's a quick and funny joke.

Given how tame it is, it's my guess that it's people that dislike her for her politics that are digging up these old posts and shining a light on them. I didn't see how this one unfolded, so I obviously don't know that for sure.

Given the trend, though, it would unfortunately be people on the right.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The joke is actually sort of funny, too.

I mean, if you can differentiate the real world and a crude joke... it's not poorly constructed, it's not shocking-for-the-sake-of-shocking, it's a quick and funny joke.

Given how tame it is, it's my guess that it's people that dislike her for her politics that are digging up these old posts and shining a light on them. I didn't see how this one unfolded, so I obviously don't know that for sure.

Given the trend, though, it would unfortunately be people on the right.

Good joke, bad joke...well, I prefer funny ones, but....

I'm more concerned about people who are actually promoting or doing child molestation than whether someone tells a joke in poor taste (which, let's face it, can still be funny).

I don't get trying to get people fired or vilified or punished in some fashion over a joke.

As for eating their own, sure, let 'em, but the whole James Gunn thing was started by a supposed "right winger" going after him. People on the right should care more about freedom than trying to destroy people over jokes. It seems immature.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You misoginysts! Women work longer hours than men!

*proceeds to say men work longer hours than women*

Lying headlines, counting on people to not read past them.

DjW5s9PUYAMFljB.jpg:small

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I guess when you make a mockery of biology, you'll get people that take advantage of it for financial gain.

Canadian man legally lists gender as female to get cheaper car insurance: report | Fox News

Good for him. So he's legally a lesbian (his preference wasn't stated, just guessing) and saving $91 a month on car insurance...how is this hurting anyone? Why aren't they supporting his choice? Two-faced idiots. This is what you get when you make it about choice and don't require any sort of follow through. I wonder if he uses the ladies' room or if he risks it, legally, by doing the right thing and using the men's room?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom