• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Herr Vogel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Rossburg
    Pete should really just leave history for what it is.

We both know they can't do that.
    I've said it before; there's a word for this and that word is iconoclasm.
    Anything that does not extol the virtues of their preferred ideology is "racist" or "bigoted' or otherwise badwrongevil and must be destroyed. When the Communists took power in Russia and China of they burned the churches, raided the museums, tore down the old institutions and in general did their best to erase any vestige of the old cultural identity and heritage so they could replace it with belonging to and worship of the state. The process is the same here.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ricky Gervais said:
    'Somebody said a thing & people are furious'
    This sort of clickbait headline should always be ignored because it's rarely true. Usually, the truth is that 0.001% of people are furious & the rest of us couldn't give a **** & wouldn't even know about it if you hadn't printed it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We both know they can't do that.
    I've said it before; there's a word for this and that word is iconoclasm.
    Anything that does not extol the virtues of their preferred ideology is "racist" or "bigoted' or otherwise badwrongevil and must be destroyed. When the Communists took power in Russia and China of they burned the churches, raided the museums, tore down the old institutions and in general did their best to erase any vestige of the old cultural identity and heritage so they could replace it with belonging to and worship of the state. The process is the same here.

I think we sometimes call that "destroying the evidence."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    He was still expelled, and degree withheld

4bmd73dgndz21.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If only we had a set of, oh, I don't know, let's say ten rules to live our lives by. And if only one of them forbade bearing false witness

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    If only we had a set of, oh, I don't know, let's say ten rules to live our lives by. And if only one of them forbade bearing false witness

“God gave us the Ten Commandments and we broke them. Wilson gives us the Fourteen Points. We shall see.”
    —Georges Clemenceau

In the Code of Federal Regulations, how many thousands of rules/points/commandments exist, when we have demonstrated we can’t even follow Ten?

If politicians could not bear false witness, they would have to spontaneously combust (‘‘tis a consummation devoutly to be wish’d”).

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m okay with some being encoded in law. Don’t murder people, for example. Thankfully, not all 10 are encoded. Ain’t nonna yo bidness what I do with my Sundays. Ain’t nonna yo bidness how I use a name. Ain’t nonna yo bidness whether or not I honor my parents. You get the idea.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Speaking of white paint. Just repainted painted the basement white. But the wife thinks it’s “cookie crumb” because that’s what it said on the sample she picked out. :rolleyes: it’s white.

Dude it may be too late to do you any good but RUN don't walk away from THAT discussion. BTDT and I've still got the bruises! The only reason I'm still breathing is because my last defense was "I'm a GUY! Any color not in the 14 count crayola box is too intimidating for us to understand!":chuck:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Dude it may be too late to do you any good but RUN don't walk away from THAT discussion. BTDT and I've still got the bruises! The only reason I'm still breathing is because my last defense was "I'm a GUY! Any color not in the 14 count crayola box is too intimidating for us to understand!":chuck:

It’s on the wall. She can call it cookie crumb if she wants. I don’t care. It’s white.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Lura Groen? What is that Swedish?

I looked up some of here "religious" writings... I can't quote many of them on INGO due to foul language. :n00b:
    ...Not that I'd want to.... She's discarded the holy and pure, and replaced it with the profane and perverted.

RIP ECLA (yeah, I know, it's been at least 20 years).

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, I agree on point #1. I don't particularly care for other humans, so avoid densely populated places.

On point 2, well, rural areas are just as safe/dangerous for about anyone, regionally, nationally, or globally. For starters, rural areas do tend to have lower per-capital crime rates. Second, rural areas, at least in the US, are not the sole domain of straight white folk. Maybe in the NorthEast and MidWest, but certainly not in the South, SouthWest, West, or Mountain regions. Lura should travel outside of her city a bit more, and a bit farther. Lots of world to see, and people to meet (even if you don't like people).

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well, I agree on point #1. I don't particularly care for other humans, so avoid densely populated places.

On point 2, well, rural areas are just as safe/dangerous for about anyone, regionally, nationally, or globally. For starters, rural areas do tend to have lower per-capital crime rates. Second, rural areas, at least in the US, are not the sole domain of straight white folk. Maybe in the NorthEast and MidWest, but certainly not in the South, SouthWest, West, or Mountain regions. Lura should travel outside of her city a bit more, and a bit farther. Lots of world to see, and people to meet (even if you don't like people).

It's ironic as she lives in Baltimore - one of the most crime-ridden cities in America.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

But then she might run into those icky straight white people! :runaway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom