• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    To jump on Jamil's bandwagon, this makes me want to get a MAGA hat and head out to Chick-fil-A.

It probably wouldn't be a problem there, but just to be safe, I'll put the hat on AFTER I get my food, because you never know. I have, at other fast food places, turned down my conservative radio program while I was ordering with the same consideration in mind.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Several weeks ago, I was flying back from NY to Chicago and due to weather in Chicago, we had to put down in Pittsburgh and wait for a couple of hours. I am please to report that the Pittsburgh Airport has a Chick-fil-A.

If they would put a Chick-fil-A on the West side of Bloomington, I would have the owner swimming in his money vault like Scrooge McDuck.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Alaska District Court Judge Upholds Obama ban on Alaska offshore oil drilling, throwing out Trump's reversal of Obama's ban. So it's OK for one President to ban drilling, but not OK for the next President to reverse that. Judge says it would take Act of Congress to overturn Obama's ban. Wonder how that's gonna hold up? Or maybe I'm missing something.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...judge-blocks-trump-administration/3327715002/

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sigh.
    This crap has hit the Navy.
    Ugh.

https://www.military.com/kitup/2019...12-years-good-conduct-sport-gold-stripes.html
    Sailors Will No Longer Need 12 Years of Good Conduct to Sport Gold Stripes

Since I know, most people don't know what that means... here we go.
    Every 4 years, you get a "good conduct" stripe.
    navy-gold-and-red-stripes-1800.jpg

This would be the red or gold slash towards the bottom of the sleeve.
    at 4 years, 1 red slash.
    at 8 years, 2 red slashes.
    But then, at 12, they go gold. So you'd have 3 gold slashes.

But....
    You can find people with 5 red slashes.
    What happened?
    They got in trouble.
    They keep the good conducts they already received.
    But the time to get the next slash resets.
    And the time to get gold resets.

To go gold, you have to have 12 years of good conduct... currently.
    So, F up, and you have to change your stripes to red, then wait 12 years before they can go gold again.

It's really not much.
    But.. it was a way to recognize people for going 12 years without getting in trouble, or getting caught.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________

But now...
    Sailors who have qualified for the gold stripes but are later convicted by court-martial or nonjudicial punishment (NJP) must also switch to red. At that point, the 12-year clock to earn the gold stripes back starts over again. That means most end their careers before requalifying.

In 2017, Chief Musician Jessica Privler called for a change to that policy. Sailors who receive an NJP can lose pay, rank or face other punishment, shewrote in the U.S. Naval Institute's Proceedings magazine.
    "Must one also atone for wrongdoing by being marked with differentiating uniform components?" Privler asked.
    Red service stripes can humiliate the wearer and invite gossip, she said, and the color of the uniform items can lead others to mistrust their work or devalue their potential.

A CHIEF MUSICIAN is worried about someone being HUMILIATED.

:xmad:

This is one of many reasons FLEET personnel hated SHORE DUTY personnel.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    By the way.
    If you read the article, go to the bottom and read the comments.

Seems that even people that claim to have lost the gold, are still against this change.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Shortened form of Non Sortie Producing Mother****er. Term created by the "working" side of the U.S. Air Force.

Okay. I get it now. In fact, I just read a "nonner" complaining that "without him" the missions wouldn't get flown.
    Well, no where does it state they don't "work". Only that they are "support" for the ones doing the actual mission.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    NUB. Non Useable Body. Consumes Oxygen, yet provides no useful output. A watchstander that is not qualified to stand watch, is a NUB. (ie. in training, or disciplined).

Oxygen Breather. Related to NUB. Sometimes interchanged. Though an Oxygen Breather "may" stand watch, there is no other purpose to the person.

On a sub, NUBs and O2 breathers are not tolerated well.

Yet, they were a step up from shore duty, or non-Fleet personnel.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    To jump on Jamil's bandwagon, this makes me want to get a MAGA hat and head out to Chick-fil-A.

It probably wouldn't be a problem there, but just to be safe, I'll put the hat on AFTER I get my food, because you never know. I have, at other fast food places, turned down my conservative radio program while I was ordering with the same consideration in mind.

Yep. When I go through a drive through I turn down the Ben Shapiro/Matt Christiansen/whatever conservative podcast and smile; please; thank you; have a nice day. Don't need no spit on my sandwich.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yep. When I go through a drive through I turn down the Ben Shapiro/Matt Christiansen/whatever conservative podcast and smile; please; thank you; have a nice day. Don't need no spit on my sandwich.
    You really think those people are aware enough to recognize what you are listening to? You're lucky if they are aware enough to get your order right.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You really think those people are aware enough to recognize what you are listening to? You're lucky if they are aware enough to get your order right.
    Usually no. But in case I happen upon a woke Drive-through attendant seems like a prudent policy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom