ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Mental illness is not prejudice. :rolleyes:

See, I don't think any of these people are mentally ill.

Stupid? Yes. Attention whores? Yes. Immature? Yes.

[STRIKE]Being [/STRIKE] LARPing these things is a choice. They're just playing a dumb game that doubles as a method of looking for victim points. They find communities that are playing the same game they are, pretending to be animals, talking to each other like animals, getting that dopamine going.

This wasn't a thing before the Internet. They're degenerates, but otherwise normal.

Now... there may be an argument that what they're doing is changing how their mind works, and how they behave... perhaps.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I get that there are "Extremists" in every group but....DAMN!

VfhfC1C.jpg

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/...y-believes-you-can-be-whatever-you-want-to-be

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I used to tutor college students in the business department who had to take a required semester in Basic Programming language. Trust me. Not everyone is well suited for it.

Oh, I totally get that. Which makes the predictable liberal "everyone should get to learn to code" mantra ridiculous.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    NPR again this morning :rolleyes:
    They interviewed some Toronto planner about what the carbon neutral future would look like in 2050. Lots of ideas - more concentrated living in cities, smaller houses and apartments in cities, more sharing of tools/appliances/vehicles/furniture in cities, less cars in cities, more trams and buses in cities, more walking places in cities, more streets shut off to cars in cities, higher fees just to drive at all in cities.

Notice a pattern here?
    It's like those of us who don't live in cities don't even exist. Though I'm sure they will still impose their earth-saving limitations on us also.
    Not surprising. We're just flyover country and we need to learn to code.

Sounds like a much lower standard of living for many, but I would imagine that things will be very good for the privileged few.

I'm thankful every day that I live in rural southern Indiana woods.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sounds like a much lower standard of living for many, but I would imagine that things will be very good for the privileged few.

I'm thankful every day that I live in rural southern Indiana woods.

Exactly. I'd rather those big city folks just ignore us and not be a bother.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sweet baby Jesus.

Some "otherkin" hate "furries" because they think that "furries" are "just pretending to be animals" and are therefore "appropriating their culture".

Like militant trans people that hate crossdressers, except these people think they're real animorphs.

D1dEsiQU0AA7yHm.jpg:large

Remember... "All Inclusive".

Unless you're different.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Today's corporate world is requiring degrees for a lot of jobs that historically did not need them. That makes it harder to just learn something and get a job. Pretty sad actually, because most degrees are pretty worthless for IT professionals.

I think that's true of many jobs.

When I hired at the mill, they required (for a Systems Repairman) for him to have a 2 year degree, or 5 years experience with instrumentation.
    I got in because of my experience in the Navy.
    In my 30's, I got my 2 year degree.
    There was no comparing my degree to my Navy schooling.
    My ET "A" class taught me troubleshooting. Good skills.
    College taught me more of design and such. But not a bit on troubleshooting.
    Which is what a tech need.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    bet the parents are proud of that thing!:puke:

Bob

Stalking Cat, born Dennis Anver, had extensive body modifications. He sadly committed suicide in 2012

giphy.gif

...but we may want to pay attention to what's going on here.

As people hear of and read about others' stories, they are "waking up" to their true reality, whatever that is, and going "otherkin". Methinks that this type of phenomena applies to many things besides "otherkin".

Y'know, there are people who call the "slippery slope" a logical fallacy.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

giphy.gif

...but we may want to pay attention to what's going on here.

As people hear of and read about others' stories, they are "waking up" to their true reality, whatever that is, and going "otherkin". Methinks that this type of phenomena applies to many things besides "otherkin".

Y'know, there are people who call the "slippery slope" a logical fallacy.

I'm not crazy about government intervention or overspending, but I think I could get behind funding of a massive amount of mental institutions being opened up. Indiana BMV just decided that "X" is an acceptable "gender" on drivers licenses. I think it should be limited to "XX" or "XY", reflecting the actual gender-determining chromosomes. Anyone that has taken a basic biology class should know that there really are only two possibilities.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm not crazy about government intervention or overspending, but I think I could get behind funding of a massive amount of mental institutions being opened up. Indiana BMV just decided that "X" is an acceptable "gender" on drivers licenses. I think it should be limited to "XX" or "XY", reflecting the actual gender-determining chromosomes. Anyone that has taken a basic biology class should know that there really are only two possibilities.

I just saw that.
    And of course, the comments... :faint:
    If you disagree, YOUR the one with the problems. That type of comments.

someone brought up a legitimate question.
    What happens if there needs to be a strip search?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Im with you. Though there are some weird genetic mutations that happen. XYY syndrome for instance.

I can respect someone who says "Sorry, In my brain I am the gender opposite of my body." As long as it doesnt hurt anyone else (e.g. sports) I'm fine with it. You do you and be happy with yourself the best you can and be a good person and treat others with respect.

But the minute you claim to not HAVE a gender, or that you identify as a different species? OK, how about NO. You've got some problems and need to speak to a mental health professional. That's just a bridge too far. Sorry kids, you have to pick a side. It can be what God gave you, or what is in your heart. But its got to be SOMETHING. To claim you are absolutely outside the realm of human and/or a male OR female (chromosomal or mental) we need to talk. Is it really too much to expect people to identify with either male or female HUMAN identity?

I mean, I can sympathize a bit. I do feel more comfy on a woman's bicycle. Why does the one with the balls get the one with the bar? Its not fair, dammit! :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom