Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good lord who actually feels like this... lives in this sort of fear... is so weak and frail that they would say this sort of thing and think that's how real women feel.

https://twitter.com/bdbilotta/status/1092635717274988546

Brandee said:
    Gentlemen, regardless of your intentions, every time you interact with a women when she is alone, she is on alert. She is assessing the threat: you. The entire time. You don’t even need to talk to her. Just walking by a woman in an empty grocery aisle on a slow day will set her radar off. It may be very subtle radar, but the signal gets stronger the more data it receives.
    So when you approach a woman by herself for conversation, romantic or nonromantic, aggressively or not, She is on alert. She is afraid of two things:
    1. That you will threaten her physically. Kidnap, rape, murder. Yes, we actually worry about the possibility that you will follow us to our car and rape us if we let you get too close. Because this happens every minute of every day.

2. We worry that we will upset you by shutting down your advances, whether your intentions be completely innocent (and maybe even helpful) or not. We worry you will be offended by our disinterest. But we worry more that you will be so offended that you (1.) threaten us physically. Most assaults are carried out by people close to you, not by strangers. But the number of total assaults is so ****ing high that a huge amount are carried out by strangers as well. So next time you think nothing of approaching a woman who isn’t approaching you, read body language.

Is she giving you one word answers? Is she leaning away? Is she trying to walk away slowly? Or is she moving closer, leaning her head toward you, asking questions, etc? Don’t play ****ing dumb. You know when someone does or does not want to talk to you. So even if you’re not a creep or a psycho, please remember this next time you hit on a girl or even just make friendly conversation. When it comes to us, it’s almost NEVER friendly conversation when we’re alone. Ask yourself if your desires are worth her fear and discomfort.

Answer: it’s not.
    Feel free to approach a woman when she’s surrounded by people who have her back, or, if you must, ASK HER if she’s interested in conversation!! What a ****ing concept!! She will reply yes or no, and respect her wishes accordingly. The day a man asks politely for permission to interact with me when I’m alone, vulnerable, and minding my own business will be a glorious day. When there are literally thousands of women telling me that they feel this same way, the barely dozens of angry trolls criticizing have very little power. One should listen to the masses when they’re all saying the same thing. I’m glad the women interacting feel heard and united. Also, let’s remember that the fear and threat of danger are way worse for women of color and for the entire lgbtq community. But I can only speak to my own experience.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Good lord who actually feels like this... lives in this sort of fear... is so weak and frail that they would say this sort of thing and think that's how real women feel.

Women who have been abused by men can think this way, and I don't blame them as it's like classical conditioning.

Of course there are other ways women start believing this. Women who are ideologically possessed by bat**** crazy bull**** they learn in grievance studies courses. Or women who read stupid stuff on twitter. Or facebook. Or gab sessions on snapchat. Or women who watch to CNN. Or read WaPo, HuffPo, or Buzzfeed, or Vox or any left of center mainstream news source.

I'll admit that there are some *******s that don't help with this perception. There are plenty of good men who don't hound-dog women. A few hound-dogs shouldn't cause the fear she's talking about though. And, it would be good to challenge her on a few things. She shouldn't play dumb either. Just like a guy should be able to tell when a woman isn't interested, women can tell a hound dog from a gentleman. Tell the hound dogs to get lost if she's not into hound-dogs. Tell the gentlemen to get lost if she's not into gentlemen. She shouldn't assume all women are turned off by aggressive men, and aggressive men should recognize women who aren't and move on.

It seems quite apparent that she's trying to talk on behalf of all women. Women are diverse. They're not all like her. Thankfully. Before I was married I'd have stayed away from women who cowered in fear of all men. Well. Idunno. Maybe she's into betas and soybois.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    This is worth a watch.....Aukland Peace Action sent a press release that "Jordan Peterson is a threat to New Zealand and Western Civilization"...Clip has the interview a radio host had with the APA and then his follow up interview with Dr. Peterson.....

[video=youtube;4XMdT2cF-ZM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XMdT2cF-ZM[/video]

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass

Well, I guess that puts me ahead of the game. As an introvert, she can be absolutely sure I don't want to talk to her. I will move to the opposite side of the aisle to avoid eye contact or risk getting entangled in a conversation. Maybe that's just me, but also every time I have to make a phone call, I pray it goes to voicemail.

No, I don't know when someone wants to talk to me, and I don't care. Strangers approaching me to start a conversation make me nervous too, but last time I looked I wasn't a woman. I don't know you, and probably prefer to keep it that way.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is worth a watch.....Aukland Peace Action sent a press release that "Jordan Peterson is a threat to New Zealand and Western Civilization"...Clip has the interview a radio host had with the APA and then his follow up interview with Dr. Peterson.....
    What I’ve determined about the various opinions about Jordan peterson is this. You can really like him. You can have a more casual opinion ranging from somewhat like to somewhat dislike. Or you can really hate him.

It’s been my experience that the people who really hate him are either on the extreme left or the extreme right.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I finally got around to reading that tread. Dang. These people need some opinion diversity. People saying that they want to change the world by voting for people to change the laws so they can feel more safe. Change laws how? They said they want to change laws so that rape is prosecuted. :n00b:

Surely they know rape is illegal. Surely they know rape is procecuted now. I can only conclude that the laws they want changed are the protections against being falsely accused. Yes. You have to prove a crime happened. You have to prove it was the accused. I know that sucks for women who have been raped. It’s embarrassing to report. It’s hard to prove. It’s also easy to put innocent people in prison if you don’t have that standard. You can’t just “believe all women” because women aren’t all magically endowed with honesty any more than men are.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Looking at bjs.gov, it looks like rape and other sexual crimes make up about 10% of total incarcerations. Drugs ar far more, ~45%. But to think rapists aren’t prosecuted and put in prison is absurd.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Imagine a "men only" equivalent of this sign.

d9eosd41t9521.jpg

What would it mean if I self-identified as a woman today?:):

Surely any society "advanced" enough to set up this kind of segregation would be advanced enough to recognize that gender is an artificial construct, and that is not only okay, but encouraged to be whatever you want to be today.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Looking at bjs.gov, it looks like rape and other sexual crimes make up about 10% of total incarcerations. Drugs ar far more, ~45%. But to think rapists aren’t prosecuted and put in prison is absurd.

I think that is because, fortunately, rape is much, much rarer than drug crimes, putting aside whether drugs should be illegal.

I read the linked tweet earlier today, and I feel just that much dumber for being exposed to her "thoughts."

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Iris sure does sigh a lot

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think that is because, fortunately, rape is much, much rarer than drug crimes, putting aside whether drugs should be illegal.

I read the linked tweet earlier today, and I feel just that much dumber for being exposed to her "thoughts."

I would think that drug crimes are much easier to prosecute than rape. You either have the dope on you or not. With rape, if the victim reports it, if there's evidence that sex even happened, and if there's at least some evidence it may have been forced, maybe there's sufficient evidence to prosecute it, but it's often his word against hers whether it was consensual. It depends who the jury believes. So I get why women are frustrated with the difficulty in getting real rapists convicted. But it's obviously not as impossible as the radical feminists are claiming. ~10% of prison inmates are in for sexual assault. I'm sure the lion's share of that is rape. So it is a crime that is prosecuted successfully. They can't just put someone in jail because they say so. And that seems to be what they want.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well... sometimes (and I'm sure hope it's rare), rape gets turned into sexual assault:
    RITCHIE: She says, “He raped me. I know I'm a prostitute, but no money was exchanged. He assaulted me, and he inserted his penis inside my vagina without my consent, while he was assaulting me.” So she basically broke down the definition of rape. Textbook.

PJ: So Ritchie calls the crime in over the radio, and his boss shows up at the scene.

RITCHIE: And basically he tried questioning her. The way he was questioning her- they–they question the victim several times and try to see if you change your story slightly.

PJ: Ritchie knew exactly what his boss was up to. His boss did not want to enter this victim’s crime into CompStat. And so what he was doing was he was questioning her over and over and over again, trying to find some hole in her story that would give him an excuse to treat the crime as something less than rape. He was trying to downgrade her crime.
    A two part episode well worth listening to (Reply All is a great podcast in general):
    https://www.gimletmedia.com/reply-all/127-the-crime-machine-part-i

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Surely they know rape is illegal. Surely they know rape is procecuted now. I can only conclude that the laws they want changed are the protections against being falsely accused. Yes. You have to prove a crime happened. You have to prove it was the accused. I know that sucks for women who have been raped. It’s embarrassing to report. It’s hard to prove. It’s also easy to put innocent people in prison if you don’t have that standard. You can’t just “believe all women” because women aren’t all magically endowed with honesty any more than men are.

Ah, how much are you willing to bet on a randomly selected person in a big city knowing those two facts?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ah, how much are you willing to bet on a randomly selected person in a big city knowing those two facts?

I'd say the number of people who believe that rape is never prosecuted is very high on twitter. I suppose that translates to possibly many people we might randomly select to ask in a big city. I kinda think that people in the Midwest understand rape is illegal. In places like Portland OR, maybe not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom