Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "Why are Adam Levine's nipples fine for air, but 2004's "wardrobe malfunction" made Janet Jackson a pariah for years? That's the question some fans are asking after the Super Bowl"

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1092358412950818816

Piece quotes a grand total of two tweets from people who questioned why Adam gets to have his **** out.

Fine work, CNN.

Something that occurred to me about that comparison... Back in 2004, Justin Timberlake literally ripped part of Janet's costume off, exposing her boob. How would that play today in the #Metoo era?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Well, I guess being at work for 16 hours wasn't so bad. All I've heard is bad things about the Bowl.

giphy.gif

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I believe that any "white nationalists" who live in or near Boston (both of them) tend to favor the Boston Patriots. Coincidentally, I believe that non-white nationalists who live in or near Boston tend to favor the Boston Patriots.

I do not believe that "white nationalists" in general (the other 5-6 people nationwide) prefer the Boston Patriots, projection on the part of the author of the Daily Beast nonsense notwithstanding.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Since he's been mentioned most here, I'll just use this thread.

Gavin McInnes sues SPLC for both defamation and deplatforming. Good for him, hope he finds success with it.

Lawyer's tweet: https://twitter.com/RonColeman/status/1092427269463859205/photo/1

Full complaint: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n-2URa1j3Kx58cIQeSvNH_P20lELIkdz/view

the suit isn't just about calling McInnes and the Proud Boys far-right/white nationalist/extremist/hate group etc, but also for SPLC's specific use of these designations for deplatforming:

6. One way SPLC uses the SPLC Hate Designations is to cause its victims to be “deplatformed,” or deprived of access to online and in-person venues in which they were, prior to being deplatformed, able to express their views to those who choose to listen, or “defunded,” meaning blocked from access from both social-media-based crowdfunding sources and payment processors such as both online and traditional banks and credit card companies.

7. By leveraging its remarkable power and influence to deplatform and defund targeted groups and individuals such as Mr. McInnes, SPLC deprives those with which it disagrees of venues in which their points of view may be expressed, of income and ultimately of their most priceless possession, their reputations.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    51456694_2304581936218603_2242235183510061056_n.jpg

Off the Wall.
    Sean Long‎ writes...
    I see in the "news" that "Mary Poppins" is racist because in the chimney sweep scene, she dusts her face with chimney dust as if it was makeup. I always interpreted this as an expression of pride in doing a dirty job with enthusiasm, however apparently, it's being tied to blackface. I can't help but wonder if it's because those raising the racism charges are so opposed to the idea that anyone could possibly have any pride in doing a dirty job competently and with enthusiasm? It's as if any pride displayed while doing a dirty job must therefore be merely a hateful mockery of something or other? Are chimney sweeps (and by extension any other job where your face gets dirty) now so inherently racist that they're off limits entirely? Feb 4, 2019, 9:15am.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    51456694_2304581936218603_2242235183510061056_n.jpg

Off the Wall.
    Sean Long‎ writes...
    I see in the "news" that "Mary Poppins" is racist because in the chimney sweep scene, she dusts her face with chimney dust as if it was makeup. I always interpreted this as an expression of pride in doing a dirty job with enthusiasm, however apparently, it's being tied to blackface. I can't help but wonder if it's because those raising the racism charges are so opposed to the idea that anyone could possibly have any pride in doing a dirty job competently and with enthusiasm? It's as if any pride displayed while doing a dirty job must therefore be merely a hateful mockery of something or other? Are chimney sweeps (and by extension any other job where your face gets dirty) now so inherently racist that they're off limits entirely? Feb 4, 2019, 9:15am.
    This is the natural conclusion of critical theory. You can literally deconstruct and problematize anything. It is a scourge on a sane society. It turns it insane. It’s why I have no patience for the people who deny the left is the greatest danger to the West today.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is the natural conclusion of critical theory. You can literally deconstruct and problematize anything. It is a scourge on a sane society. It turns it insane. It’s why I have no patience for the people who deny the left is the greatest danger to the West today.

And the movie is also racist because they chose to hire white actors for the parts. Where is the inclusion and diversity? Why arent there any handicapped actors?

See how that works?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom