Worthy of the funny pics thread.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Working in an Office 365/Skype/Lync environment? Have a "Conversation History" folder in your Outlook?

Careful who you delegate access to your mail, they might snoop through that folder and print out your conversations and bring them up with HR

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Working in an Office 365/Skype/Lync environment? Have a "Conversation History" folder in your Outlook?

Careful who you delegate access to your mail, they might snoop through that folder and print out your conversations and bring them up with HR
    I'm a Notes Admin. Admins already have full access and were instructed by management, not just HR, to search/retrieve messages.

I'm sure Outlook works the same, when it works, I HATE O365 especially now that Teams has been pushed out as mandatory by Corporate.

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis

Isn't this an obvious one for people? Don't say something in a company provided communication environment that you don't want seen by the company?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Wanted to share a picture. Street lights with solar and wind power. There are wind turbines spinning under the solar panels.

Un55bnq.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Isn't this an obvious one for people? Don't say something in a company provided communication environment that you don't want seen by the company?

For the most part, yeah. Though I think less of the person that did the snooping than I do of the person that was talking ****.

These are just two regular users, too. Lot of users give each other access to their inbox for when they go on vacation, etc. Going outside that scope of responsibility and taking advantage of it to dig into their conversations is a ****ty thing to do.

I talk **** all the time, but I'm also the admin, and clean up after myself.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Own a Samsung QLED TV? They are recommending you run a virus scan on it. Well, it is an internet-connected computer...

Samsung asks users to please virus-scan their TVs

Now, about all those IOT gadgets you've installed...
    time to start segregating your network people. Not that it will stop the massive bot nets that will inevitably be created by wifi toilets and garbage cans.

The "smart" TV craze is just another way to advertise to you. How I long for the days of high quality dumb TVs again. Imagine what could be done if they would devote all that compute power to picture quality instead of advertising.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    time to start segregating your network people. Not that it will stop the massive bot nets that will inevitably be created by wifi toilets and garbage cans.

The "smart" TV craze is just another way to advertise to you. How I long for the days of high quality dumb TVs again. Imagine what could be done if they would devote all that compute power to picture quality instead of advertising.

The CEO of Vizio all but outright admitted they are harvesting our info and monetizing it. He said that if they started making a separate line of "dumb" TVs, they would have to charge more for them than the smart versions because they wouldnt have any data on the back end from us to monetize.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The CEO of Vizio all but outright admitted they are harvesting our info and monetizing it. He said that if they started making a separate line of "dumb" TVs, they would have to charge more for them than the smart versions because they wouldnt have any data on the back end from us to monetize.
    I suppose when i finally get one I'll have to either not connect it or setup a new network that can only route to destinations explicitly allowed.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    On the technolgy front....Raspberry Pi folks announced the brand new Raspberry Pi 4B today. It's a big improvement over the model 3.

Quad Core Processor at 1.5 Ghz
    2 Micro HDMI Ports
    2 USB 3 ports
    2 USB 2 ports
    A real live 1GB ethernet port
    WIFI
    Bluetooth 5.0
    1GB RAM
    Composite Video Output/Heandphone Jack

All for $35

Add 3GB of RAM for a total of 4GB and the price is $55.00

Saweeeeet

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Touching on the unspoken scientific/biology side of this thread... my wife just figured out she has Aphantasia.

She can't imagine things and see them... whereas I can see anything I want, manipulate it, impose it into the world, hear things, smell things, even convince myself I'm feeling touch sensations...

Was an interesting ride home from work conversation. Asking her weird questions, she definitely couldn't give a clear answer

Apparently affects 1-3% of people. Here's a goofy video she found today that sort of explains it. Like your brain computer not having a monitor

[video=youtube;ewsGmhAjjjI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewsGmhAjjjI[/video]

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Touching on the unspoken scientific/biology side of this thread... my wife just figured out she has Aphantasia.

She can't imagine things and see them... whereas I can see anything I want, manipulate it, impose it into the world, hear things, smell things, even convince myself I'm feeling touch sensations...

Was an interesting ride home from work conversation. Asking her weird questions, she definitely couldn't give a clear answer

Apparently affects 1-3% of people. Here's a goofy video she found today that sort of explains it. Like your brain computer not having a monitor
    Hmm.. I never thought about it, but I probably have that too. I would put myself in the 0-2 range at best.

I never had any issues reading like she says she does though. Quite the opposite.

Top Bottom