• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Wonder if GTA is looking to get into VR on the next release... or even a version of GTA V that could do it... Eh, the engine doesn't seem right for VR...

Imagine the outrage, though... "GAME LITERALLY TRAINING KIDS TO BE KILLERS"

Would be a neat world to walk around in, just chill and people-watch.

My 970 has been handling all the VR I've given it, so far. Waiting on the 11-series to come out so I might be able to find an affordable 1080 or something.

If you guys would stop the mining we might be able to get a decent deal! :):

I cant remember the name of the game, but they have a simulator out now that requires you to hold the gun and detects your movements, crouching, laying etc. and even requires you to do actual mag changes. Graphics weren’t what you’d expect, but it shows the potential for the future of gaming.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you guys would stop the mining we might be able to get a decent deal! :):

I cant remember the name of the game, but they have a simulator out now that requires you to hold the gun and detects your movements, crouching, laying etc. and even requires you to do actual mag changes. Graphics weren’t what you’d expect, but it shows the potential for the future of gaming.

Hotdogs, Horseshoes, and Hand Grenades is like that. Guns are super realistic, you have to do it all... move the magazines to the gun, rack/cock/etc, aim using both hands (if you want to be accurate)... pretty fun. It's essentially "Gun Simulator VR"

One of the places you can go is like Hickok45's shooting range in his yard.

As far as actual competition/combat games... you've got Onward and Pavlov... both of which aim for realism, I believe.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Hotdogs, Horseshoes, and Hand Grenades is like that. Guns are super realistic, you have to do it all... move the magazines to the gun, rack/cock/etc, aim using both hands (if you want to be accurate)... pretty fun. It's essentially "Gun Simulator VR"

As far as actual competition/combat games... you've got Onward and Pavlov... both of which aim for realism, I believe.

Onward, that’s the one I saw! Ugh I gotta build a better pc, but every time you do they release something new and in a few years you gotta upgrade everything again. Getting as bad as consoles.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Is triple H VR only? It looks pretty sweet, but I don't have a VR setup.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you're going to build one, it would probably be good to wait for the inevitable death spiral among 98% of the miners so high end graphics cards will be less stupidly expensive

Its already hit. Saw a post on /. a week or two ago that due to a drop in crypto value, the miners are backing off, causing the distributors to be able to sell cards at reasonable prices. There for a while it was ugly. Two of my helpdesk guys were frantically trying to click fast enough to buy direct for their game rigs because all the retailers were out or charging above MSRP for the high end cards.

EXCLUSIVE: GOP Rep. Gaetz Threatens Twitter With FEC Complaint Over Twitter Suppression, Claims Twitter May Be Giving Opponent Illegal Advantage | The Daily Caller

Twitter "shadowbanning" prominent conservative figures. Probably more related to politics and 1A than tech... I'll ponder a 1A General thread in the morning.

Given the nature of how the defacto public square has moved from the literal public property to private entities like Twitter/Facebook/etc, I expect lawsuits and legislation/regulation relatively soon. Since these private companies have taken over the role of the public square distributing common communications, I wont be surprised when they are ruled common carriers and forced to adhere to the same access rules ATT, Verizon, et al are required to follow. Think about it. How outraged would we be if ATT said "we disagree with the GOP's statement/position on ______ so therefore we are cancelling their cell and landline service." Or if Duke Energy did the same for their HQ. Yet people wouldnt bat an eye if they were shut down online.

I'm not a fan of .gov intervention, but I dont think this possible intervention is a bad thing necessarily. (I wait cautiously)

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Whelp... looks like it's going to get more attention.

DjB9LGbXcAcjYZ2.jpg:large

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Guy Benson of Fox News and Town Hall is speaking to Twitter CEO Jack about shadow-banning, "conversational health", and Conservative suspicions about big tech's ideological insularity.

I believe it's at BensonandHarf.com

Top Bottom