• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So you are fact checking a meme. And there is a bit of truth to it anyway. Why is that not a funny lawyer joke?

Fact checking a meme? I don't get it.

If you look at the posts after the original posts, you will see that the point of the cartoon was seen as "God never warned them". So, if that is the way anyone took it, they were wrong.

...so if it's a lawyer joke about a lawyer who knows what he is saying is false, OK...but it's pretty clear that it's not that deep.

As an enjoyer of good lawyer jokes, it just wasn't funny to me.

Now this, is funny:

[FONT=&quot]Q: Why does the law society prohibit sex between lawyers and their clients?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A: To prevent clients from being billed twice for essentially the same service.[/FONT]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    dui_dick_at_your_service.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fact checking a meme? I don't get it.

If you look at the posts after the original posts, you will see that the point of the cartoon was seen as "God never warned them". So, if that is the way anyone took it, they were wrong.

...so if it's a lawyer joke about a lawyer who knows what he is saying is false, OK...but it's pretty clear that it's not that deep.

As an enjoyer of good lawyer jokes, it just wasn't funny to me.

Now this, is funny:

[FONT=&amp]Q: Why does the law society prohibit sex between lawyers and their clients?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]A: To prevent clients from being billed twice for essentially the same service.[/FONT]

We're spending entirely too much time dissecting a meme. :rolleyes:

I took it that the lawyer was trying to argue that god never warned them. I thought it was funny; you know, an angle I could see Saul Goodman trying. You're seeing it like a Christian who is also a lawyer. And you're trying to hold it to a higher standard of truth than your joke. Your joke is kinda funny too. I laughed. But mostly because it's a little raunchy while plays the common "shyster" theme of lawyers ****ing their clients. I mean, it's not like legal clients would actually pay lawyers for sex, right?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What is that now? About 57%

I think you are referring to a "contingency fee" where, if there is a recovery, the attorney gets a percentage + expenses. It used to be 33 1/3%, regularly. It's not uncommon to be 33 1/3% if settled before trial and 40% if trial is necessary. I have heard as high as 60% if there is an appeal.

A flat fee is an agreement to pay a single, flat rate for a specific task. Say, $2,000 for a not-too-complex will and basic estate plan.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Kirk reads INGO:

The illiteracy, it burns!

79250314_1218961694954341_140449171495714816_n.jpg
    Bad news: Apostrophe Protection Society Gives Up Its Long Battle

In 2001, superhero John Richards formed the Apostrophe Protection Society to resist the degradation of the English language with misused apostrophes. But now, at the age of 96, he is hanging up his cape and giving up the fight. BBC News reports:
    The 96-year-old said: "We have done our best but the ignorance and laziness present in modern times have won."​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom