Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, I can think of plenty of ways an Apple pie may not be Vegan- for instance, was butter used in the crust?

....yes, that means the whole vegan thing is stupid, but there it is.

I think there are industry standards for what they can say is "vegan". There is vegan "butter" BTW. Of course not real butter, but I guess it works. I've had some vegan apple pie before and it wasn't bad at all. Seems like a lot more work though.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think there are industry standards for what they can say is "vegan". There is vegan "butter" BTW. Of course not real butter, but I guess it works. I've had some vegan apple pie before and it wasn't bad at all. Seems like a lot more work though.

They can make up new definitions for words, but if it didn't start as cream, it ain't butter.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Don't forget lard. Pie crust that's not made with lard ain't fit to eat.

Butter is better. Lard pie crusts aren't all that much better than shortening. Crusts made with real butter in the hands of a true expert have a better flavor, and just the right amount of flaky goodness.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They can make up new definitions for words, but if it didn't start as cream, it ain't butter.

Agreed. But like I said, the pie wasn't bad. I'd say the filling and whatnot was as good as any. The crust however, which makes the pie, was inferior to a good crust made with butter.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    mp5y7duseh121.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Congrats!

Thanks.

And he even has...

A JOB!!!:rockwoot:

But it gets better...

It's WEST OF THE MISSISSIPPI!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love my kids. But you get used to them being away. Then when they come back, it totally disrupts things. My wife was skeptical of my exuberance at the prospect of being empty nesters. But when both kids were home over Thanksgiving, she looked at me during a particularly testy conversation between our two kids and slowly nodded. No words were needed. We have attained that level of communication over 24 years of marriage. That, and she can't bring herself to say outloud, you were right.:rolleyes:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Both of my sons came to visit over Thanksgiving, always glad to see them. Both in their 30s debt free and well employed, it makes me proud.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom