• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I know, I know, "Sharing" isn't an INGO thing. But it is funny all the same.

11156271_1005168322827455_1056235660955355633_n.jpg

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Neighbor*

470.jpg

Yes, I noticed the British spelling, but did not have the inclination to take the time to change it. And thanks for the Mr. Rogers pic. Good to see his face. I miss him. He was a good man, and I am glad my children got to grow up watching him every day instead of some of the crap that is on now. They have told me many times since becoming adults that they are amazed at how many times they think or say, "Wow, I learrned that on Mr. Rogers."

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    True story. When I saw a pic of her a few years ago, I thought she might be auditioning for the role of Jabba. She looks much better now. And he's been doing voice-over work for a lot of years- No one really cares what a voice-over guy looks like.

As for how we've changed since it came out, well.... When Episode 4 was released, I know how old I was, and I'm not looking up school pictures to compare. Anyone else want to? Photo of you from 1977 and now?

(and no, a photo of your dad with a twinkle in his eye doesn't count. Neither does a pregnant tummy, unless it's your tummy and not you inside it.)

ETA: Here's a pic of them from ~1977

View attachment 38032
    Harrison Ford, David Prowse (Vader), Peter Mayhew (Chewie), Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamil, and Kenny Baker (R2D2)

And David Prowse, more recently: View attachment 38033

True story. Speaking of twinkling eyes; in 1953 I went to Niagara Falls with my father and came home with my mother.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    heh, that's nothing. In October of 1971, my dad sent me to stay with my mother rather than taking me with him back to Vietnam. I really appreciate that. Apparently the US Government thought highly of this as well, and decided that he didn't need to go either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom