The Funny Pic Thread Part 13 - Clowns to the Left of me, jokers to the right, Welcome to DC!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That also has the nose extension generating down force at the front so it would probably have a shorter flight.
    Unsure if nose configuration was actually for that. A lot of management of front end traction, in cars that are not full body aero like F1, is to prevent a high pressure area from forming under the front end at speed. Oftentimes that front end sculpting was more to begin structuring the airflow over and under the car rather than generate meaningful downforce

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Unsure if nose configuration was actually for that. A lot of management of front end traction, in cars that are not full body aero like F1, is to prevent a high pressure area from forming under the front end at speed. Oftentimes that front end sculpting was more to begin structuring the airflow over and under the car rather than generate meaningful downforce
    Sounds like semantics to me.

The nose convinced more air to go over the car instead of under it.
    The air dam convinced more air to go around the car instead of under it.
    Fender vents above the front wheels relieve some of the pressure there.

Reducing lift IS increasing down force.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    I'm confused - once the tires are off the ground what effect would throttle or brakes have on the trajectory? Inertia quickly degrades to gravity with the principle variable being the angle of attack versus the weight distribution of the object determining how quickly it will rotate and drop.

Movies make it look like launched cars sail straight indefinitely but the moment the tires leave the ground all forward thrust ceases so speed and mass determines distance before rotation and its rarely more than a car-length.

As I recall, the practical stunt work necessary to launch the General Lee in the Dukes of Hazzard tv show involved 50k psi of compressed air and 1,000 pounds of ballast in the trunk to offset the forward biased center of gravity due to the engine. It was basically a super sized slingshot.
    You've obviously never watched a real car jump. Check out Knight Industries Two-Thousand, or KITT.
    That's real world :poop: right there.:whistle:

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    That also has the nose extension generating down force at the front so it would probably have a shorter flight.

I once owned a '70 Superbird in 1976. Full cheesecutter wing and Daytona nose filler (of course minus the roll cage and Nascar tidbits). It was the second car I bought, after a '66 Impala for daily driving (that car had its own nefarious story, yet to be told).
    Bought the Bird as a salvage (damaged rear quarters and no drive train)
    Took a year to resurrect it in my dad's garage. After bodywork and rear end, we put a prepped 440 with dual quads on a highrise manifold in it (yes, had to create a hood bulge/scoop to fit it in) along with a 4 speed with Mr. Gasket vertical gate shifter.
    I can attest that it is , indeed, as long and heavy as a Cadillac!
    As for aero, I always thought 4 more inches of chin spoiler would have helped.
    Fastest I ever got it was on a stretch of 131 in MI late at night. Got it to 140 (indicated) and the front end became INCREDIBLY light, as in next to no steering, and though there was still motor left to go, I backed out of it.
    Loved that car, but it scared me ****less. (I was 17, and had high aspirations to see 18)
    Parked in front of the house one evening, a drunk in a pickup came around the corner and drove right up on top of it, damaging it beyond both my ability to repair, and my insurance company's willingness. :facepalm:

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    My craz speed story happened in one of these… hit 110 between
    the Haute and Indy. Had to straddle the ruts left by the coal trucks.1644994865473.jpeg

I once owned a '70 Superbird in 1976. Full cheesecutter wing and Daytona nose filler (of course minus the roll cage and Nascar tidbits). It was the second car I bought, after a '66 Impala for daily driving (that car had its own nefarious story, yet to be told).
    Bought the Bird as a salvage (damaged rear quarters and no drive train)
    Took a year to resurrect it in my dad's garage. After bodywork and rear end, we put a prepped 440 with dual quads on a highrise manifold in it (yes, had to create a hood bulge/scoop to fit it in) along with a 4 speed with Mr. Gasket vertical gate shifter.
    I can attest that it is , indeed, as long and heavy as a Cadillac!
    As for aero, I always thought 4 more inches of chin spoiler would have helped.
    Fastest I ever got it was on a stretch of 131 in MI late at night. Got it to 140 (indicated) and the front end became INCREDIBLY light, as in next to no steering, and though there was still motor left to go, I backed out of it.
    Loved that car, but it scared me ****less. (I was 17, and had high aspirations to see 18)
    Parked in front of the house one evening, a drunk in a pickup came around the corner and drove right up on top of it, damaging it beyond both my ability to repair, and my insurance company's willingness. :facepalm:

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    273960968_1798894963635789_8420025972494690199_n.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom