• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Gal at work getting '21 Bronco.Driving to Dakotas to pick it up.,Paying $10k over sticker.With financing,$60 plus.I said "I will take 2".People like this make the world go around

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Gal at work getting '21 Bronco.Driving to Dakotas to pick it up.,Paying $10k over sticker.With financing,$60 plus.I said "I will take 2".People like this make the world go around
    I've been buying vehicles at the same dealership for 25 years. The salesman who sold us our Ranger is one of the most honest guys that I know. The price we agreed to when I ordered it in July, is the price it was listed at when it arrived in October. Then he helped us get $2500 in Ford rebates.
    Before I buy any vehicle, I always talk to the Service dept. They are also straight shooters. In fact I taught a couple of them when I used to coach 4H Shooting Sports. They have steered me away from buying some models that are less than reliable.
    PM me if anyone wants the name of our sales guy. He is awesome.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We had the Mercury Comet version of the Maverick when I was a kid. Inline six that ran rough no matter how many tune-ups and carb rebuilds. It was baby poop green. Still better than a Pinto (my first car).
    A Comet with a 302 would flat out scream. A bud in Salem had one back in the day (early 80s.)

There were a lot of Pintos around back then too. Friend from high school owned one with the Starsky and Hutch Gran Torino paint scheme and stripes.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have to ask, is Dakota's a dealer or is she driving to THE Dakotas?

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    She test drove one in South Bend. They would not sell it to her.They wanted to lease it out for 6 months first,then she would be contacted when it is returned.......Yea Right. She is young and doing it all wrong. I refuse to buy ANYTHING a penny over retail.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    View attachment 165854

Anyone want to buy a Bronco?
    iu

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My wife wants to test drive one. Several of the ones on lots are demonstrators only, or they are "sports", which aren't really Broncos.

We test drove one yesterday. It was a 'demonstrator' still owned by Ford and couldn't be sold until January. Ray Skillman will sell you one at MSRP if you order it and wait for it to show up, but a $25k over MSRP price if you take one off the lot once it's out of demonstrator status. Note that there are a few places that are selling ordered ones under MSRP, but all say you won't get the vehicle until probably 2023. We're in no hurry, probably won't buy anything for 2-4 years anyway.

We could only drive about 3 miles and couldn't get it up on the freeway, which I would want to do before making a final decision. Initial impressions:

1) Even the smaller 2.3L has good acceleration. Partial throttle response was excellent. It's not a dragster, but it felt quick for it's class. You don't hear the turbo, no bypass valve whooshes or whine. It's very quiet, which can be good or bad depending on what you like. The exhaust note is wimpy from outside and you don't hear it at all from inside, even with the soft top. The 10 speed auto shifts very nicely. My wife can't drive a stick and this would be her primary vehicle if we buy it, so no 7 speed for me...errr...us.

2) The cloth seats are excellent. Very good lumbar support, a good firmness, I could see it being a comfortable road trip vehicle. I preferred the cloth seats to the pretend-leather, aesthetically.

3) Visibility is excellent and the "view" from the driver's seat is great. Lots of glass, the hood with the tie downs makes the corners visible, good ride height. I thought I would want the Sasquatch package, but after seeing them side by side I don't.

4) Interior is clean and modern without being faddish. The switches and dials feel nice. The touch screen looks fine to me, although I didn't play with the stereo.

We are going to go look at a Gladiator to compare. She really just wants something that sits up a bit higher and that the top comes off of, but she liked the Bronco quite a bit.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We test drove one yesterday. It was a 'demonstrator' still owned by Ford and couldn't be sold until January. Ray Skillman will sell you one at MSRP if you order it and wait for it to show up, but a $25k over MSRP price if you take one off the lot once it's out of demonstrator status. Note that there are a few places that are selling ordered ones under MSRP, but all say you won't get the vehicle until probably 2023. We're in no hurry, probably won't buy anything for 2-4 years anyway.

We could only drive about 3 miles and couldn't get it up on the freeway, which I would want to do before making a final decision. Initial impressions:

1) Even the smaller 2.3L has good acceleration. Partial throttle response was excellent. It's not a dragster, but it felt quick for it's class. You don't hear the turbo, no bypass valve whooshes or whine. It's very quiet, which can be good or bad depending on what you like. The exhaust note is wimpy from outside and you don't hear it at all from inside, even with the soft top. The 10 speed auto shifts very nicely. My wife can't drive a stick and this would be her primary vehicle if we buy it, so no 7 speed for me...errr...us.

2) The cloth seats are excellent. Very good lumbar support, a good firmness, I could see it being a comfortable road trip vehicle. I preferred the cloth seats to the pretend-leather, aesthetically.

3) Visibility is excellent and the "view" from the driver's seat is great. Lots of glass, the hood with the tie downs makes the corners visible, good ride height. I thought I would want the Sasquatch package, but after seeing them side by side I don't.

4) Interior is clean and modern without being faddish. The switches and dials feel nice. The touch screen looks fine to me, although I didn't play with the stereo.

We are going to go look at a Gladiator to compare. She really just wants something that sits up a bit higher and that the top comes off of, but she liked the Bronco quite a bit.
    It's sounds like Ford really hit the market trifecta with something people really want, name recognition, and a scarcity driving exclusivity. The Bronco has come along way from the choice of "3-speed on the column or buy something else."

I haven't seen the one in the Eskenazi garage for a while. The owner probably took the wheelbarrow of cash someone offered and bought something else.

Important question since your wife is on "team no clutch" (mine is too.) Did you ever try to teach her to drive a stick-shift? If yes, when did you realize that is a very bad idea? :laugh:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Important question since your wife is on "team no clutch" (mine is too.) Did you ever try to teach her to drive a stick-shift? If yes, when did you realize that is a very bad idea? :laugh:

No. Even I'm not that dumb.

She technically knows how. You have to (or at least had to) learn to drive a manual to pass the driver's test in Jordan to get your license. She's just not driven one since then and is scared of it. I bought her a Saab turbo convertible a few years after we married and she said she could drive a stick. She never once drove it and we sold it two years later after putting a whopping 3,000 miles on it. This was not a surprise purchase, mind you, she was there. I never brought up her learning to drive a stick again.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No. Even I'm not that dumb.

She technically knows how. You have to (or at least had to) learn to drive a manual to pass the driver's test in Jordan to get your license. She's just not driven one since then and is scared of it. I bought her a Saab turbo convertible a few years after we married and she said she could drive a stick. She never once drove it and we sold it two years later after putting a whopping 3,000 miles on it. This was not a surprise purchase, mind you, she was there. I never brought up her learning to drive a stick again.
    If you want a cool ride with incredibly low miles, that's how you do it.

Looking back I was dumb, I just didn't know it yet. A long time ago (1985) in a town far away (Salem is not that far) a young KellyinAvon had a bud's Chevy S-10 (with a 4-speed) borrowed to haul a couple things. Got done early and my bud was still at work with my car, heck I got time to teach her how to drive a stick shift. I mean it's a 4-cylinder little pickup. It's not a muscle car, not an F-250 with a granny-gear, not a grain truck with a 5-speed/two-speed rear axle, not a B-Model John Deere with a hand-clutch, how hard could it be?

Going up a hill in an incredibly quiet neighborhood (most are in Salem) she shifted into neutral. I gained much wisdom at that point. Since I did successfully teach our oldest son to drive a stick shift (in base housing at Langley AFB, I think there was one street you could get into 3rd gear) I don't think it's my teaching as much as a spouse-thing.

Top Bottom