Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    (mod hat off)
    Would you all please stop referring to the rioters and looters in Ferguson and elsewhere as "animals"?

Animals are honorable and good companions, and I'd be happy to have them around.

I'm not one for snakes, arachnids, or insects, but I'd sooner have even them around than the rectal orifices causing all this mayhem.

That is all.

Happy Thanksgiving, and as always,

Blessings,
    Bill

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    (mod hat off)
    Would you all please stop referring to the rioters and looters in Ferguson and elsewhere as "animals"?

Animals are honorable and good companions, and I'd be happy to have them around.

I'm not one for snakes, arachnids, or insects, but I'd sooner have even them around than the rectal orifices causing all this mayhem.

That is all.

Happy Thanksgiving, and as always,

Blessings,
    Bill

It was the best reference I could come up with at the time and avoid the ban hammer.
    I will find another way to describe my disdain for them and their actions.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    How 'bout Manimals?
    Nah...

I don't recall seeing any footage of this guy doing any looting.

517qDCyRVcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It was the best reference I could come up with at the time and avoid the ban hammer.
    I will find another way to describe my disdain for them and their actions.

Fair enough. I understand losing words to frustration; Hell, the word, "Chimichanga" for a deep-fried burrito supposedly came from a grandmother in a kitchen dropping a burrito in the fryer and correcting herself mid-word due to her grandchildren being in the room! After I posted that, though, someone PMd me to the effect that some on here use words like thug or pimp or animal only because the rioters we see don't look just like them... in other words, they're using it as a term of prejudice. I really hope that's not the case here, for anyone (not speaking to you directly, CM, but to all.)

Personally, I prefer terms like criminal, miscreant, vandal, delinquent, perhaps even hooligan... you get the idea...until they threaten a life.

At that point, the only appropriate term to reference them would be "target".

YMMV. You don't have to use these terms... as I said, they're just my preference.

Blessings,
    Bill

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Fair enough. I understand losing words to frustration; Hell, the word, "Chimichanga" for a deep-fried burrito supposedly came from a grandmother in a kitchen dropping a burrito in the fryer and correcting herself mid-word due to her grandchildren being in the room! After I posted that, though, someone PMd me to the effect that some on here use words like thug or pimp or animal only because the rioters we see don't look just like them... in other words, they're using it as a term of prejudice. I really hope that's not the case here, for anyone (not speaking to you directly, CM, but to all.)

Personally, I prefer terms like criminal, miscreant, vandal, delinquent, perhaps even hooligan... you get the idea...until they threaten a life.

At that point, the only appropriate term to reference them would be "target".

YMMV. You don't have to use these terms... as I said, they're just my preference.

Blessings,
    Bill

So what you're saying is some delicate little flower got their panties in a bunch , cried to you about how their feelings are so easily hurt by words and now animal , pimp and thug are the new "N" word and we shouldn't use them anymore , got it .

Never mind the fact that , how'd Que put it in another thread , " some of our community " routinely use pimp when referring to each other and more than a few brag about " livin dat life " , aka / thug life .

The ones out doing the looting are thugs and animals , they are not decent , moral people .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom