• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Buttigieg is now in a three way tie for the Dem nomination say latest poll. And his new helper is Mark Zuckerberg who has his empire being threatened by Liz Warren.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/21/zuckerberg-privately-recommended-staff-hires-to-pete-buttigieg.html

I find it fascinating to think that he could possibly jump from being a city mayor to being president, and that the progression actually makes sense in his case because it is doubtful that he could win a state-wide office. President really is the most probable next step up the rung for him.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    After watching him in the October debate, I've done a bit more research on him. His military and education credentials are very good. Experience?......not really. He is articulate and a positive in the debate process. I don't see him as garnering enough support for a nomination, but who knows?

Could I vote for him? I think so. He clearly has more going for him than Trump. LOL

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    After watching him in the October debate, I've done a bit more research on him. His military and education credentials are very good. Experience?......not really. He is articulate and a positive in the debate process. I don't see him as garnering enough support for a nomination, but who knows?

Could I vote for him? I think so. He clearly has more going for him than Trump. LOL

Supports a public option to select medicare (Medicare for all who want it). Supports a limit of $200 per month out of pocket drug costs for medicare recipients - which will make the public option more popular and more expensive. Supports intellectual property theft (taking patents away from pharmaceutical companies whose prices are deemed - by him, probably - to be too high)

Supports DACA, opposes a border wall

Supports a carbon tax, wants to spend several trillion dollars on a clean energy jobs program, wants to rejoin the Paris accords

Supports the right to an abortion, has so far refused to specify any limitations on said right. Supports repeal of the Hyde amendment

Supports universal background checks, banning military-style assault weapons, a national gun licensing system, stricter "red flag" laws

Supports the Federal Equality Act, which would extend nondiscrimination protections to LGBTQ+ people. Supports the right for prisoners to receive gender reassignment surgery (at public expense, of course). It's not specifically stated, but I have to believe he also would support similar government funding for active duty personnel who find themselves in the 'wrong body'

Supports eliminating incarceration for drug possession, mandatory minimum sentencing, and private prisons

Supports abolishing the death penalty, legalizing marijuana (hey hey, libertarianish peeps), and "ban the box" — prohibiting employers from asking about an job applicant's criminal record until later in the process

Supports recommitting to the Obama administration's Iran nuclear deal

Supports eliminating the electoral college and relying on the popular vote to determine the outcome of presidential elections. He supports statehood and full political representation for Washington, DC.

Supports expanding the Supreme Court to 15 justices

Supports Universal Basic Income

Supports raising the minimum wage to $15

He might be L3 (Left Loonie Light) but he's still on the spectrum

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    He's worked for Mckinsey and the Cohen group in his formative years before politics, and is doubtless getting support from them. Scary corrupt/dc/insider/law/lobby people that work for the big money. He has very little in common with John Q, and will doubtless see himself more as a world stage player than a representative of American people. I would expect leadership that was condescending, obtuse, and intolerant of other viewpoints. A quick trip back to Uncle Sam buying drinks for everybody at the world bar.

He will be the perfect VP for Hillary's return.

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Supports a public option to select medicare (Medicare for all who want it). Worth looking at.

Supports a limit of $200 per month out of pocket drug costs for medicare recipients - which will make the public option more popular and more expensive. Worth looking at.

Supports intellectual property theft (taking patents away from pharmaceutical companies whose prices are deemed - by him, probably - to be too high) Price gouging by patent speculators and copywright lawyers have taken advantage of the law to the inventors/artists/public's detriment. Reform is needed.

Supports DACA, opposes a border wall. Yawn. No one has come up with a solution at this point.

Supports a carbon tax, wants to spend several trillion dollars on a clean energy jobs program, wants to rejoin the Paris accords. Pass

Supports the right to an abortion, has so far refused to specify any limitations on said right. Supports repeal of the Hyde amendment. Would you expect anything else from a Democrat?

Supports universal background checks, banning military-style assault weapons, a national gun licensing system, stricter "red flag" laws. Molon Labe

Supports the Federal Equality Act, which would extend nondiscrimination protections to LGBTQ+ people. Supports the right for prisoners to receive gender reassignment surgery (at public expense, of course). It's not specifically stated, but I have to believe he also would support similar government funding for active duty personnel who find themselves in the 'wrong body'Pass. I'm in favor of lobotomies for gender reassignment requests.

Supports eliminating incarceration for drug possession, mandatory minimum sentencing, and private prisons I'm willing to listen and review the evidence.

Supports abolishing the death penalty, legalizing marijuana (hey hey, libertarianish peeps), and "ban the box" — prohibiting employers from asking about an job applicant's criminal record until later in the process I'm in favor of the death penalty. OK with decriminalizing MJ. The rest I haven't thought about.

Supports recommitting to the Obama administration's Iran nuclear deal And today we have what....Iranian aggression? You want a land war in Asia?

Supports eliminating the electoral college and relying on the popular vote to determine the outcome of presidential elections. He supports statehood and full political representation for Washington, DC. Don't care

Supports expanding the Supreme Court to 15 justices NO

Supports Universal Basic Income Not in my lifetime

Supports raising the minimum wage to $15 Fine. Fewer jobs available, perhaps.

He might be L3 (Left Loonie Light) but he's still on the spectrum

I really despise teal typing.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

You assume the public option will be free of charge to the recipients. It won't be. Currently, medicare recipients pay between $400 and $1000 per month for government coverage and supplemental insurance. Warren promises "less net expense" by the recipients. That means higher taxes to all and a contribution/co-pay of some sort. She doesn't have a plan, per se and relies to some degree on Bernie's plan, which I've never seen since Bernie got pole-axed by Hilldebeast and his plan was moot.

It's still moot.

If Buttigieg or someone else has an idea, I'd be glad to look at it. Most of what we get from both sides of the aisle is bull.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Supports eliminating the electoral college and relying on the popular vote to determine the outcome of presidential elections. He supports statehood and full political representation for Washington, DC. Don't care
    I really despise teal typing.

Well, bully for you mate. Move to NY, Chirac, or LA, and you could rule the whole country. Hell, maybe even the whole world.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am care free about what fonts and colors people use.

As long as there's enough contrast with the background that I can read it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sounds like a personal (settings) problem

Teal against the tan background isn't bad to read, as long as there are not large blocks of teal text. But against a green background it's impossible to read. I used to have a horrible time replying to your posts when quoted in the old style color scheme. The teal just did not contrast with the green editor background. But then TexKev got the ingunowners-responsive-rc2 style working well, and the editor for that style has a white background. Since I switched to that, no problems at all. Teal as much as you want.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am care free about what fonts and colors people use.

As long as there's enough contrast with the background that I can read it.

Knowing how tedious this was, accept this fake rep for your dedication to the bit.

giphy.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom