• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I posted this yesterday because it shocked the crap out of me. Yet nobody else seemed to care. Doesn't this surprise anybody? or what am I missing here?

SOP for the media. They cover elections like a horse race and don't get eyeballs when one horse is twenty lengths ahead. So they selectively poll a small group of people they know will give them the desired results and they run with it.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I posted this yesterday because it shocked the crap out of me. Yet nobody else seemed to care. Doesn't this surprise anybody? or what am I missing here?

IMO, since at least 2016, polls are meaningless.
    In 2016, there were anecdotal reports of pollsters arguing with responders who said they supported Trump. It seems that mostly liberals answer polls. If you call 100 people and 55 hang up on you, it isn't a representative sample. I suspect most non-progressives hang up.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Thanks all. I feel better about that poll now.

I don't ever want to underestimate the enemy but it was shocking to see that idiot biden poll that well. The only good thing about him that I can even think of is that he owns a Corvette. I will just forget that poll - it can't be valid.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    . “*Patients assigned a red code will have highest access, and other *patients will be assigned green, yellow or blue (the worst), *depending on a ‘triage officer’s’ decision.”

Since they list four colors wouldn’t it be the “Forage Officer’s decision.”

While we normal people think of red as dangerous and blue as calming those in the medical fields minds are wired differently. Red is a healthy color. Green is disease rather than Go or money. Instead of a calming color blue the color blue is death.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Being a dick won’t get him to support Trump.

I'm not the one with blood on my hands because of a petty political agenda. I'm being very civil given the circumstances.

And I couldn't care less whether someone supports Trump or not. I have a love hate relationship with him as it is.
    All I care about is that if someone wants to debate politics, they stand by the principles they purport to believe in, and apply them in a consistent manner.
    If they're nuts and have no principles beyond blind hatred, then just simply admit it, and bow out of political debate so that people who actually have ideals and principles can debate their ideals and principles.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Blood on his hands? C'mon man. That's just ridiculous. So was David Hogg correct then?

Democrats, in their blind pursuit of hatred for the country, demanded the borders stay open during a catastrophic pandemic.

Who put democrats in office?

I don't blame the gun when someone is shot, I blame the one who pulled the trigger. Democrats are just the gun in this instance, their voters are the ones pulling the trigger.

(And yes I can already see the potential confusion with statements, due to the fact that democrats are both politicians and the voters, it's hard to briefly and concisely place a difference everyone will understand, but I think you can see my point)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Democrats, in their blind pursuit of hatred for the country, demanded the borders stay open during a catastrophic pandemic.

Who put democrats in office?

I don't blame the gun when someone is shot, I blame the one who pulled the trigger. Democrats are just the gun in this instance, their voters are the ones pulling the trigger.

I voted for Trump. I will most likely vote for Trump again this time. Trump has done a number of things that have pissed me off. I'm not responsible for those things if I vote for him again. It's a trade off. That's just as applicable to democrat voters. One can be against some things and still vote for the person because of the totality of the platform. I think it's a dangerous and wrongheaded thought if we all impose our personal moral scruples on everyone else. I can disagree with Alpo on his choice. But that's his choice to make and he doesn't see the world like I do. I'm sure he doesn't see the world as you do either.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I voted for Trump. I will most likely vote for Trump again this time. Trump has done a number of things that have pissed me off. I'm not responsible for those things if I vote for him again. It's a trade off. That's just as applicable to democrat voters. One can be against some things and still vote for the person because of the totality of the platform. I think it's a dangerous and wrongheaded thought if we all impose our personal moral scruples on everyone else. I can disagree with Alpo on his choice. But that's his choice to make and he doesn't see the world like I do. I'm sure he doesn't see the world as you do either.

So where does the buck stop with responsibility, to you?

We don't have compulsory voting, so there's no need for any person to take responsibility for a candidate if they don't support that candidate in full.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So where does the buck stop with responsibility, to you?

We don't have compulsory voting, so there's no need for any person to take responsibility for a candidate if they don't support that candidate in full.

I guess I shouldn't vote for Trump then. I damn sure don't support him in full. You said yourself you have a love-hate relationship. I assume that's because he's done things you don't agree with. So you shouldn't vote for him if you're going to hold yourself to the same standards you're proposing.

Voting is a trade-off. It always has been and always will be. People have different trade-offs they're willing to make because they have different priorities that track their worldview.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I guess I shouldn't vote for Trump then. I damn sure don't support him in full. You said yourself you have a love-hate relationship. I assume that's because he's done things you don't agree with. So you shouldn't vote for him if you're going to hold yourself to the same standards you're proposing.

Voting is a trade-off. It always has been and always will be. People have different trade-offs they're willing to make because they have different priorities that track their worldview.

Meanwhile, the stuff he's done I disagree with I don't find bad enough to have any moral qualms with. It mostly centers on excessive aggression in foreign policy, but thankfully he's not gotten us into a serious situation with it.

You still didn't say where the buck stops for responsibility. If someone drives a murderer to a victim's home, sure he didn't actually kill the individual, but in court he's still going to be charged for it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Meanwhile, the stuff he's done I disagree with I don't find bad enough to have any moral qualms with. It mostly centers on excessive aggression in foreign policy, but thankfully he's not gotten us into a serious situation with it.

You still didn't say where the buck stops for responsibility. If someone drives a murderer to a victim's home, sure he didn't actually kill the individual, but in court he's still going to be charged for it.

You're still trying to drive this conversation in the the realms of morality so that you can paint everyone who votes for the other side immoral. But I'll play. Let's say you vote for someone you know committed high crimes and misdemeanors, but got off because the Senate majority party is the same as the President. I'd say that such a person has a morality problem.

This is what many Democrats think of Republicans. They think Trump committed crimes deserving of jail. They even call it treason. They believe with their very being that he's guilty and that Republicans know it and they don't care, because they're as evil as Trump. But the reality is that Republicans don't believe Trump committed crimes as accused. They plan to vote for him with a clear conscience. It is nearly to the level of this scenario that you're trying to accuse democrats. You're trying to hold them to your selective moral standards.

Alright. So at what point are voters morally responsible for their choice? It depends. Who else is running? How comparable are the two candidates' politics with the person's morals and worldview? Because only some morality is objective while most is subjective, I would say that it comes down to belief and moral consistency, and picking the least of two evils based on that.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Interesting question. As one voter I know I cannot take credit for all the good things Trump has done for America. So how can I blame any single dumocrap voter for all the crap the dumocrap leaders have pulled off and tried to pull off?

Is it a different question when all of a gaggle of voters are taken as a group?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You're still trying to drive this conversation in the the realms of morality so that you can paint everyone who votes for the other side immoral. But I'll play. Let's say you vote for someone you know committed high crimes and misdemeanors, but got off because the Senate majority party is the same as the President. I'd say that such a person has a morality problem.

This is what many Democrats think of Republicans. They think Trump committed crimes deserving of jail. They even call it treason. They believe with their very being that he's guilty and that Republicans know it and they don't care, because they're as evil as Trump. But the reality is that Republicans don't believe Trump committed crimes as accused. They plan to vote for him with a clear conscience. It is nearly to the level of this scenario that you're trying to accuse democrats. You're trying to hold them to your selective moral standards.

Alright. So at what point are voters morally responsible for their choice? It depends. Who else is running? How comparable are the two candidates' politics with the person's morals and worldview? Because only some morality is objective while most is subjective, I would say that it comes down to belief and moral consistency, and picking the least of two evils based on that.

The supposed crimes were pressure to follow up on a corruption investigation that was abruptly ended by the Vice President and father of the person being investigated.

How does this compare to thousands of dead Americans, the economy collapsing, and the medical system being stretched to the point of snapping, all because people wanted to virtue signal their anti-racism message? Or potentially, to destroy the economy Trump built, to improve their chances in November?

I feel like you're being purposefully blind for the sake of playing the devil's advocate, but it doesn't help the situation or help give perspective. You kind of need more even scales to weigh here to make that kind of point actually mean something.

Interesting question. As one voter I know I cannot take credit for all the good things Trump has done for America. So how can I blame any single dumocrap voter for all the crap the dumocrap leaders have pulled off and tried to pull off?

I think we're drilling down to a philosophical issue. And in my eyes, yes you can take credit for enabling Trump to achieve the things he has achieved. Just as any voter would enable their elected official to carry out the tasks they put them in office to carry out.

The buck stops with the people, in my opinion. A politician needs to create a platform that has popular support of the people to get into office. If the majority of people are deeply against the platform of that politician, then they won't win a seat in office.

This means the people, in large part, shape the platform of their political leaders, and in turn, should be considered responsible for where those platforms go.

The issue I think most will take with this isn't actually that people are responsible, but whether an individual is responsible or a collective is responsible. Considering we're largely a group of people who believe in individual responsibility and liberty, and deny the existence of a collective, I'm not sure how you'd square a collective responsibility as an exception.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Group blame? No. Group blame is a social construct. Blame, to the extent that it's necessary, belongs to the individuals who did an act, knew better, or objectively should have known better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom