Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Disingenuous for someone to suggest that INGO hold itself to a higher standard than the press and not attack/insult members of political families who have no role in government?

I would say that Hunter Biden is fair game. He was a pol. He used his dad's political coattails to get his job at Burisma.

Slandering Jill Biden is about as low as it gets and it really ticked me off. She's a teacher for crying out loud. A special ed teacher.

:scratch:

<gasp/> Oh no! Stop talking about Biden's wife! :runaway: She's a ... teacher.

C'mon man. As I contemplate the reasons one might be "low" for slandering a spouse of a politician, their occupation doesn't break the radar. I mean within reason. If a politician has a drug dealing, prostitute spouse, probably that person will have many other character flaws to criticize, especially their occupation. But to venerate a person so much just because of what they do for a living, such that their occupation makes them automatically off limits to criticize, meh. I kinda think that's ridiculous.

If Jill Biden puts herself out there in the political world and does something worthy of criticizm. I don't give a **** if she's a hooker, a midwife, a teacher of special ed children, bone marrow donor. It's fair game. I can see the reason why people criticize Michelle Obama. She puts herself out there in a political way. That makes her fair game.

Jill Biden, eh, not so much. I don't really see anything she's done that's especially deserving of criticism. It would be uncharitable for people to make up the equivalent of the running "bulge" joke about her. So that's what would make people "low". Not that being a teacher of special ed kids should immunize her. Her behavior should. To the extent that she puts herself out there in the public, she erodes the morality of keeping families of politicians out of the fray.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Perhaps you shouldn't defend the indefensible.

Did anyone say Jill has a bulge? :dunno:

I mean. C'mon. She doesn't have a role in government. But neither does her husband at the moment. If she puts herself out there and makes political speeches, then she's kinda in the ring. Melania Trump isn't in government either. People call her a gold digging whore. However, as I said, I don't see anything that should open up Jill Biden to specific insults. But neither for Melania.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's indefensible. Maybe unclassy. Crass. Rude. "Low". And again, certainly it's not her occupation that should make her off limits. I mean. That's not much better than the old plattitude "it's for the children".

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ya. But Melania isn't a teacher. She's only a former model and fashionista. Fair game. It's for the children.

We tend to come to the defense of our own team, pretty much no matter what. We tend to find any reason to be outraged enough to legitimize attacking the other team. It’s the way we’re wired.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    We tend to come to the defense of our own team, pretty much no matter what. We tend to find any reason to be outrageous enough to legitimize attacking the other team. It’s the way we’re wired.
    I agree to an extent. It's still juvenile and crass to attack family members of politicians who are not themselves being political.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    uncle joe needs to just retire to the home... really biden guys, THIS is your hope?

[video=youtube;wF44WPBHTXk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF44WPBHTXk[/video]

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Well, now that Jamil has told me how I should think......:rolleyes:

I suppose if you grew up in an era where the girls look like boys....indeterminate....androgynous....then you might also have trouble, ethically, seeing boundaries. Everything becomes gray scale on a spectral slider.

Poppycock.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We tend to come to the defense of our own team, pretty much no matter what. We tend to find any reason to be outraged enough to legitimize attacking the other team. It’s the way we’re wired.
    Yep. I’m trying to encourage unwiring. If it’s rude to ridicule families of politicians, it’s rude period. What they do for a living has nothing to do with it, unless what they do for a living is worthy of ridicule itself.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What's so bad about beating our swords into sharper swords rather than plowshares? The current RoE on the right don't recognize rude, or crude or limits - mainly because the RoE used by the left never (within living memory) has

You need to demonstrate the 'destruction' part before you can sell them on the 'mutually assured' part

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    VURb93m.jpg

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    What's so bad about beating our swords into sharper swords rather than plowshares? The current RoE on the right don't recognize rude, or crude or limits - mainly because the RoE used by the left never (within living memory) has

You need to demonstrate the 'destruction' part before you can sell them on the 'mutually assured' part

Well, yeah. I see that. OTOH, I expect men of a certain age to have enough respect for females to not be crass in their written assessments. Especially in the case of spouses or offspring that attempt to stay out of the political arena where possible (or don't use their family celebrity as a means to wealth).

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Well, yeah. I see that. OTOH, I expect men of a certain age to have enough respect for females to not be crass in their written assessments. Especially in the case of spouses or offspring that attempt to stay out of the political arena where possible (or don't use their family celebrity as a means to wealth).

Again, the comment you are up in arms about was sarcastic reply to the original comment about Meliana Trump.
    I didn't see you up in arms about that one. :twocents:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom