• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Guys, I've been killing 1-2 crickets daily in my house. How do I get rid of these things? I sprayed some Ortho Home Defense in the kitchen and around the doors, but it doesn't seem to have done much. I hate bugs so much. :xmad: Anyone want to come smoosh them for me? You can stay on the futon and eat my snacks! :laugh:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I thought cats were supposed to get those for you.

I'd spray the Home Defense in more locations. I killed off a bunch of them in dad's garage several years ago with it.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I thought cats were supposed to get those for you.

I'd spray the Home Defense in more locations. I killed off a bunch of them in dad's garage several years ago with it.
    Chow has injured (not killed) one out of my 15+ kill count. He's not the best at pest control sadly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They like to get under things and hide. Water heater/washer etc. That's where I would be laying down the chemicals.

Plus they are getting in some where.
    Are you on a crawl space or have a basement.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Basement. Little creeps might be down there I guess. I'll spray down there too! :)

And around where the floor (upstairs) meets the top of the basement walls. Around any windows that may be down there as well. Look for anyplace they can get in.

They are just ugly. Harmless.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Chow has injured (not killed) one out of my 15+ kill count. He's not the best at pest control sadly.
    Peppermint oil is your new weapon. Spray some, diluted depending on strength, on your baseboards and door frames/window sills. A lot of creepy crawlers hate peppermint.
    It certainly smells better than chems.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    The power, and pageantry of the FGE is unmatched ! :D

.... my cat is quite the cricketeer. Every year we find a few sets of cricket legs in the basement. She gets praised ! :rockwoot:
    When I lived in North Georgia in early 20's my roommate had his American Bulldog trained to dispatch those giant water bug-roach looking monstrosities.

There was a dark oak colored paneling on the wall beside the fireplace. They were really hard to see. Ole Roscoe saw them though. Scared me several times when the dog just pounced on the wall.

I miss that dog. RIP Roscoe P. Coldchain.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    And around where the floor (upstairs) meets the top of the basement walls. Around any windows that may be down there as well. Look for anyplace they can get in.

They are just ugly. Harmless.

Harmless until they jump 3 feet and touch me! :nailbite:

Forgot to mention that dad's basement was full of them too but they were rarely seen in the living areas. They like dark areas.

I may or may not have a habit of living like a vampire with blackout curtains closed and very few if any lights on.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Guys, I've been killing 1-2 crickets daily in my house. How do I get rid of these things? I sprayed some Ortho Home Defense in the kitchen and around the doors, but it doesn't seem to have done much. I hate bugs so much. :xmad: Anyone want to come smoosh them for me? You can stay on the futon and eat my snacks! :laugh:

Lay 2 ft strips of duct tape down where you are seeing them. inside, outside it matters not..... Oh and make sure its sticky side up....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom