hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    CZ...457 Varmint At-One

aFt3xnn.jpg

But a tight group wasn't meant to be today...https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns/483488-22lr-rifle-range-fun-16.html#post8407125

I'm.a Like this one Reed.!! Wow what a looker.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Good afternoon all.

Woke up at 6 this morning, "couldn't" get back to sleep. Next thing I know it's 11. Guess I did get back to sleep.:)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Shooting the 1876 and 1886 today along with some SAAs, the gardener says I should start a Wild West show.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Good afternoon all.

Woke up at 6 this morning, "couldn't" get back to sleep. Next thing I know it's 11. Guess I did get back to sleep.:)

You are lucky that all your days now are only spelled with five letters. Today...get it...retired? Ok - it sounded better in my head...

How do you like that Magpul bipod on your At-one? I've never been impressed with a Harris beyond hunting needs, too cheap to buy an Atlas...

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    You are lucky that all your days now are only spelled with five letters. Today...get it...retired? Ok - it sounded better in my head...

How do you like that Magpul bipod on your At-one? I've never been impressed with a Harris beyond hunting needs, too cheap to buy an Atlas...

You have it all wrong. While most days are just "today", there is also trash day every other week, too many people in the stores days (you know them as the weekend), better check if the LGS is open day (Monday) and most importantly...range day/s.

Overall I like the Magpul bipods but the minimum height is taller than I prefer and specific to the sling swivel mount model I used on the CZ, it does not pan left and right.

One of the drawbacks of the CZ At-one stock is it only has the one sling swivel on the forearm with no way to attach a rail section for mounting a bipod. I may drill the stock for a second rail attachment point and swap my QD Atlas between rifles. Or I could just use a front rest since I don't envision a lot of prone shooting with this rifle.

Atlas doesnt have a model to mount on a sling swivel or I would have been tempted to get another one although loading the tripod against a single sling swivel in a wood stock might concern me.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

I have a Magpul bipod too ! I attached an American Defense quick-detach adapter to mine, so that I can swap it quickly between rifles with a rail.
    It's much sleeker than my Harris, and I like it better..... although, like Tarzan said, it doesn't swivel (pan).

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Not watching the race they call the 500 today.
    Not watching the kneeling & black lives BS baseball this year.
    Never watch the loser NFL or NBA.

More time for fishing

Solid plan ! Most of the time I'd rather DO something, than WATCH something anyway.
    For example, I'd much rather shoot hoops (badly) :D, than watch basketball on TV.
    I've always been that way.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I bore-sighted the 3X Vortex Spitfire that's mounted to the new .308 Saint pistol.
    Did that from the nice shade of my deck here at the cabin.

Was going to hike back to the State Forest gorge that's 10 minutes from the cabin.
    It's a nice safe spot (about 40 feet deep) to sight in a scope, if a person wants to haul everything back there.
    But dang, it's almost 90 degrees here, and it sure feels good siting in the shade today.

Maybe I can wrangle an invitation from a HHRP range member, so that I can get the new beast sighted in ??? I'll beg if I have to ! ;)

----or if there's a FGE in the works (and I get invited), it could wait for that. I'm not in a big hurry.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom