The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It looks like I will be seeing Allen pretty soon as well. Though not for gun stuff.

A lady slid into the back of the Trailblazer, when I was stopped for a red light, this afternoon in Lafayette. It doesn't look like much damage, but we will see. No one was hurt in her car or mine. Which is the good part. These things happen, she admitted fault to the police officer. I'll be talking to my insurance agent tomorrow. I started the claim through the app though.

You are going to the right place.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    You are going to the right place.

He and his people do good work. I took my wife's car there last year, it came back looking like new.

The lady that hit me, her car took the majority of the damage. The Trailblazer doesn't look like it was hit, but I worry about the trailer hitch, and there was a piece hanging down under the bumper. So it needs to be at least looked at.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes people are not focused when driving. About every family car/truck we have ever owned has ben ran into at a stop sign/red light except the magic bus.
    I hope I did not queer that deal by saying this.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Yes people are not focused when driving. About every family car/truck we have ever owned has ben ran into at a stop sign/red light except the magic bus.
    I hope I did not queer that deal by saying this.

Yeah, the things I have seen people doing in the car makes me worry about people. I was in heavy traffic on 465 one early morning on the way to work, and saw a lady writing in a notebook while driving.

In this case her car slid, I don't know if she needs new tires, or since it had started raining if the road was just slick.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...So ..... I grabbed my 39 cent kitty litter scoop that I've used for years, and got 'er done this afternoon. My gutters are clean ..... let it rain !...

That brings back a bad memory. ~25 years ago I got on the roof to clean the accumulated gunk out of the gutters with a margin trowel as I had done for several years. This time there was an unseen wasp nest on the underside of the shingles overhanging the gutter and one of them nailed me on a knuckle followed by 6 of them tying to get in my face. I did an arm flailing crazy man dance up the roof to get away. I'm sure it would have been hilarious for someone else to watch but fortunately I was alone and no witnesses exist.

For several years I was so gun shy of sticking my hands in the gutters that that I found alternate ways to get the job done.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Seeing other drivers has made me hopeful that someday autonomous vehicles will become a realistic option for those that don’t give a rats ass about driving skill. I’d never own one myself but about 80% of the people on the road today should have something that drives for them while they eat breakfast, put on makeup, shave, read the newspaper, text, watch movies...

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    That brings back a bad memory. ~25 years ago I got on the roof to clean the accumulated gunk out of the gutters with a margin trowel as I had done for several years. This time there was an unseen wasp nest on the underside of the shingles overhanging the gutter and one of them nailed me on a knuckle followed by 6 of them tying to get in my face. I did an arm flailing crazy man dance up the roof to get away. I'm sure it would have been hilarious for someone else to watch but fortunately I was alone and no witnesses exist.

For several years I was so gun shy of sticking my hands in the gutters that that I found alternate ways to get the job done.
    Leather gloves are the key. And colder weather. I deal with the little bastards daily, I avoid them. Know your enemy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Leather gloves are the key. And colder weather. I deal with the little bastards daily, I avoid them. Know your enemy.

I have dealt with them so much over the years. They love to nest in the units especially if one is not running for a period they will have a nest inside of it.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Eek ! :ugh:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I have dealt with them so much over the years. They love to nest in the units especially if one is not running for a period they will have a nest inside of it.
    Open up a closure on a telephone pole 25 foot off the ground, you have to be prepared for anything. There’s no where to run.

The usual is wasps, birds and squirrels. I’ve also found mice, tree frogs, bats, snakes and lizards.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom