The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

For that money, it could be fun to play with. I’ve wondered who you would have to go to for something that’s as close to a war time production 1911 as you could get. Most made today are made to higher standards or tolerances than they could make them back when they were cranking them out by the thousands.

When I look at the really rough machine tool marks on my Remington Rand, I can’t help but think that even Armscor is turning out a nicer 1911 now days.

It could be fun to pick one of these up and run it through a WWII usage pattern, whatever that would be. Maybe a test, then train, then some mag dumps as they might have happened in battle, train with it some more and repeat. Anyone have any idea what the average round count of a WWII 1943 issue 1911 would have had by the end of 1945?

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    For that money, it could be fun to play with. I’ve wondered who you would have to go to for something that’s as close to a war time production 1911 as you could get. Most made today are made to higher standards or tolerances than they could make them back when they were cranking them out by the thousands.

When I look at the really rough machine tool marks on my Remington Rand, I can’t help but think that even Armscor is turning out a nicer 1911 now days.

It could be fun to pick one of these up and run it through a WWII usage pattern, whatever that would be. Maybe a test, then train, then some mag dumps as they might have happened in battle, train with it some more and repeat. Anyone have any idea what the average round count of a WWII 1943 issue 1911 would have had by the end of 1945?

I'll trade you an Armscor for your Remington Rand. I'll even throw in a box of ammo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom