Not open for further replies.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    There are some things that it is better to ask forgiveness for over permission. I’m not sure this would be one of those.

Now, if you Uber to a LGS and come home with a new CZ Parrot, you are definitely good to go.

My preferred LGS isn't local, but has their inventory online and I'm FB friends with the owner...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I started with two cups of Oolong. That was after 4 cups of coffee, so now I’m doing a couple of cups of Lemon/Ginger to try to slow the shakes down a bit.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The takedown isn’t as bad as people claim once you learn how...

I may look at it later today and consult some YouTube videos - I'm sure it can't be that bad.

It’s not, as long as you follow the steps correctly.

Well yes and no.

The sequence of having the hammer and hammer strut in the correct positions at the right times is easily learned.

However, the ease/difficulty of separating the barrel and frame and reuniting them depends on the pistol.

I have a MkI (bought new) that after years of use I can remove the barrel and reinstall it by hand utilizing placing the barrel/receiver on a firm surface and thumping the frame with my hand. It originally required a plastic hammer to get the job done.

The MkIII I have requires heavy use of a plastic hammer to remove/install the barrel and this is after metal removal from the receiver to make it even close to reasonably possible. There is also a slight amount of rotational movement between the receiver and frame which makes it even more difficult to get it all lined up to install the bolt stop pin. I should work on the receiver to frame fit one more time.

A third example is a friends MkII slabside that is just right. The barrel/receiver and frame can be separated with firm hand pressure and lines up correctly every time you put it back together. If Ruger made all MK's like this one, there would have been zero need for the MkIV.

Still, Sarah should grab the available MKIII ASAP and never look back!;)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I've had a couple of Ruger MKII's, MKIII's, 22/45, the Lite model and a Hunter. I'd be happy with just a plain jane MKIV 22/45 nowadays.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom