Not open for further replies.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I want them all...
    But I only have a mk3 standard, stock. I saw something in the classys, plus all this talk got the itch going... strong like marshmallow, right? Ideally I would love a tricked out mk4, buckmark or something similar.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    -Ran 200 mini-mags through a 10/22 trying to get the action to smooth out. It ran great today, unlike last weekend where it choked left and right. KIDD trigger kit in it was perfect. I’m trying hard to enjoy a relatively stock rifle, this one needs peep sights though.

My favorite thing to do is to send it off to Connecticut Precision Chambering. Keep the rifle 99.9% stock.....but upgrade what needs upgrading (bolt job and barrel crown/chamber). That dude is seriously a magician.

Awesome pick on that Kidd trigger kit. I have that in one of my rifles, and it's honestly better (and a LOT cheaper) than the full VQ drop in I have. For $100, that Kidd kit is unbeatable.

The only problem I'm having recently is that nobody seems to make a good 10/22 stock for the stock sporter barrel. They're all made with barrel channels that are for bull barrels. I want a Victor Titan stock with a sporter barrel channel.

Last edited:

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I want them all...
    But I only have a mk3 standard, stock. I saw something in the classys, plus all this talk got the itch going... strong like marshmallow, right? Ideally I would love a tricked out mk4, buckmark or something similar.
    There's a Mark III at my disposal that I'm about to forcibly adopt at this point - my dad bought it in 2011, has never been removed from the box.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I want them all...

A built MkIII is every bit as nice as a MkIV and cheaper than buying anew MkIV. Unless you really want the easy takedown, in which case we should talk about that MkIII. I’ll have need for another target frame later in the year. :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am deeply disturbed by the current trend in rim fire madness. :n00b:

So why am I Hotroding the Ruger and looking at rifles.

Killing me smalls. Killing me.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    There's a Mark III at my disposal that I'm about to forcibly adopt at this point - my dad bought it in 2011, has never been removed from the box.

The takedown isn’t as bad as people claim once you learn how. The best thing you can do for a MkII is a buy a hammer bushing and get rid of that nasty magazine disconnect. Or just drop a full VQ kit in it while your in there.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I am deeply disturbed by the current trend in rim fire madness. :n00b:

So why am I Hotroding the Ruger and looking at rifles.

Killing me smalls. Killing me.

They're no different than 9mm.....no recoil. :p
    So may as well sell the 9mm's since 22 ammo is so cheap

But seriously, my 22 pistol is my favorite gun to shoot. Blasting through 500 rounds in a single session is a lot of fun.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    The takedown isn’t as bad as people claim once you learn how. The best thing you can do for a MkII is a buy a hammer bushing and get rid of that nasty magazine disconnect. Or just drop a full VQ kit in it while your in there.
    I may look at it later today and consult some YouTube videos - I'm sure it can't be that bad.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My favorite thing to do is to send it off to Connecticut Precision Chambering. Keep the rifle 99.9% stock.....but upgrade what needs upgrading (bolt job and barrel crown/chamber). That dude is seriously a magician.

Awesome pick on that Kidd trigger kit. I have that in one of my rifles, and it's honestly better (and a LOT cheaper) than the full VQ drop in I have. For $100, that Kidd kit is unbeatable.

The only problem I'm having recently is that nobody seems to make a good 10/22 stock for the stock sporter barrel. They're all made with barrel channels that are for bull barrels. I want a Victor Titan stock with a sporter barrel channel.

This 10/22 is staying relatively stock. Mandaotry items are trigger and sights. The goal is a decent 10/22 that I don’t have a lot wrapped up in. We already have two TacSols, don’t need that much wrapped up in another 10/22. Lol

I’m contemplating putting the KIDD trigger kit in my TacSol, I like it more than the TacSol trigger at the moment.

The Titan stock is fantastic.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This 10/22 is staying relatively stock. Mandaotry items are trigger and sights. The goal is a decent 10/22 that I don’t have a lot wrapped up in. We already have two TacSols, don’t need that much wrapped up in another 10/22. Lol

I’m contemplating putting the KIDD trigger kit in my TacSol, I like it more than the TacSol trigger at the moment.

Lots of funny words in the Czickness thread since I started coming back around. I may need to get an interpreter.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013

I also have a TacSol. I really like them. Just wish they'd have put a rear tang in them.

Yeah, if they ever put out a Victor Titan with a sporter barrel channel, I'll buy it immediately. Hell, I might do it anyway and just get a Kidd aluminum sleeved barrel.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom