Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Just picked this up today
    94af1d35b5679999a8bdc02f00634efd.jpg

It’s a S&W Model 10-10. I put a spare set of stocks from my old 586 on as the ones that came with it were beat up and tiny.
    I like the old Smiths. Nice score.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks guys. I’m happy with it and will run it on Friday with CM. It seems to be nice and tight. I gave it a good cleaning and it really was not bad before but looks much better now.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Nice Colt Delta Elite in the classifieds. Well the gun is nice until you get to the point in the description where the seller wants to record your info on a bill of sale for his protection. I wrote it off after I read that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nice Colt Delta Elite in the classifieds. Well the gun is nice until you get to the point in the description where the seller wants to record your info on a bill of sale for his protection. I wrote it off after I read that.

I move on when I see any of that ****.
    And it is a Colt. I would have to look but the early Deltas were the reason they pulled all the teeth out of the factory 10mm rounds. If it is a later one they supposedly fixed them.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Why do some people do this? I don't see any point in it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I move on when I see any of that ****.
    And it is a Colt. I would have to look but the early Deltas were the reason they pulled all the teeth out of the factory 10mm rounds. If it is a later one they supposedly fixed them.

And for the record I am not slamming the gun. Just stating fact.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had to put a bunch of money into my Delta Elite before I was really happy with it. It’s a keeper now but it was an expensive journey to get there. Granted, the mammoth ivory was a bit over the top, but when I picked them up, you could get them for only $350 a set.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had to put a bunch of money into my Delta Elite before I was really happy with it. It’s a keeper now but it was an expensive journey to get there. Granted, the mammoth ivory was a bit over the top, but when I picked them up, you could get them for only $350 a set.

Yup. Yours is a nice one.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I almost bought a Delta Elite in the late 80's, but, you know, the babies wanted to eat instead. $350 bought a lot of baby food. :D

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I almost bought a Delta Elite in the late 80's, but, you know, the babies wanted to eat instead. $350 bought a lot of baby food. :D

I almost bought one then as well, was also contemplating a Gold Cup National Match, but went with a built gun Para P14 frame with a Gold Cup slide... gun never ran right and I sold it off. One of a couple of bad choices that soured me on 1911's. I know now that I chose poorly and it was those particular guns that ran poorly and not all 1911's, but having a couple of bad examples that didn't run, put me onto plastic fantastic early on and mostly been there since.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom