Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Monterey to SA is 1524 miles.
    In 2 days.

On a rice rocket.

Still surprises me that I'm alive.

I am surprised your package is still intact. I never did real "Miles" on a ricer. I rode the crap out of them but never real "Miles"

My 1st Harley was 1950 wish bone hard tail with a jockey shift. Traded a car for it as a basket. Put it together in the winter of 69/70.
    Went straight up easy rider and rode it to Key west Florida. Then over to Yuma Arizona. Then over to LA. Then back across the Rocky's. I swear my lower back is still paying for that trip. Bike only let me down 1 time the whole way.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    BIL got a new Ninja when they 1st hit the streets. Light to light not a killer. But up top.........:runaway:

You gotta wind-up the ricers into the high RPM zone. on this one, it was 11,500 redline.

i-hdXKfxd-L.jpg

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Enjoying seeing all the pictures in here tonight. I would love to attempt to ride on of those, but can't even ride a bicycle due to my balance issues, so I don't think you want me near that!

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...There is probably a retired TX trooper somewhere that remembers me screaming up behind him at 150 mph and suddenly realizing what he was. Followed his contrary ass for about 40 miles at 60 mph and felt like I was WALKING....

HAHAHAHAHA...That brings back a similar memory.

I was at a company "picnic" on HWY 46 between Columbus and Greensburg. A co-worker asked me if I wanted to take his 750 for a ride so I hopped on and headed toward Greensburg enjoying the curves.

The last few miles had a couple of long straights and I topped it out at 135 when I spotted a car well ahead of me with nothing coming at us. I planned to go around him without letting off.

As I started to change lanes I realized it was an unmarked State Police car. I had no idea how hard that bike could slow and it caught me unprepared (I should not have sat up slightly). I got down to his speed about 20' off his bumper. I only had to follow him a couple of miles into town.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Hump day. Looking forward to running some CZs on Saturday with the wizardo. Need to restock the ammo supply. There has been more going out than coming in for a while now.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    HAHAHAHAHA...That brings back a similar memory.

I was at a company "picnic" on HWY 46 between Columbus and Greensburg. A co-worker asked me if I wanted to take his 750 for a ride so I hopped on and headed toward Greensburg enjoying the curves.

The last few miles had a couple of long straights and I topped it out at 135 when I spotted a car well ahead of me with nothing coming at us. I planned to go around him without letting off.

As I started to change lanes I realized it was an unmarked State Police car. I had no idea how hard that bike could slow and it caught me unprepared (I should not have sat up slightly). I got down to his speed about 20' off his bumper. I only had to follow him a couple of miles into town.

One can only wonder if you'd still be in the "BarRoom" still, these many days later....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom