Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    That P-01 has had the grips changed by everyone who has owned it...:dunno:
    I actually like the ones that are on it, but I'm wanting to make it more mine by changing them up a bit. Being able to customize a gun by changing the grips is one of the things I miss most about a polymer gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh, one more quick note. I think CM has a better approach to applying the Permatex, but here's how I did it. I didn't realize a mixture of Permatex and gun oil was involved when I first put this on quite a few of mine, so I went back over everything to do it right. I used a q-tip to apply a thin coating of Permatex to the rails, then went back over it again with some Slip 2000 on a q-tip and sort of mixed it together. It turned out quite slick, and the Permatex is just sticky enough to make this mixture stay in place vs. having synthetic oil running out all over the place.

Still debating on doing this magic mixture on the barrel as well, but I think hitting the rails is where you get the most benefit.

Us it where you will

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The cat and I have an understanding. She tells me when I forgot to feed her, she lays on me when I need company. Other than that, we stay out of each other's way.

My cat woke me up this morning too. Jumped on my legs first. Kicked him off then he's like oh that didn't work so he jumped on my chest. Little ass.

My cat sleeps with me. Comes and cuddles before I turn out the light and then lays on one corner of the foot of the bed. About 5 - 6 hours after I fall asleep, he gets on top of me meowing to get my attention to tell me he thinks I need to get up. I normally pet him and fall back to sleep, or toss him out of the room, shut the door then fall back to sleep. Today I was afraid I'd oversleep if I laid back down so I got up. He's a butt head but if I shut the door at night he sits outside the door and cries so loud it keeps me up. What can you do... :dunno:

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    My cat sleeps with me. Comes and cuddles before I turn out the light and then lays on one corner of the foot of the bed. About 5 - 6 hours after I fall asleep, he gets on top of me meowing to get my attention to tell me he thinks I need to get up. I normally pet him and fall back to sleep, or toss him out of the room, shut the door then fall back to sleep. Today I was afraid I'd oversleep if I laid back down so I got up. He's a butt head but if I shut the door at night he sits outside the door and cries so loud it keeps me up. What can you do... :dunno:

That's "The Babes" with my fiancee. Except she scratches at the carpeting we shut the door because she knows I'll get up asap. So I guess she doesn't completely leave me alone, i just realized I am her puppet.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Oh, one more quick note. I think CM has a better approach to applying the Permatex, but here's how I did it. I didn't realize a mixture of Permatex and gun oil was involved when I first put this on quite a few of mine, so I went back over everything to do it right. I used a q-tip to apply a thin coating of Permatex to the rails, then went back over it again with some Slip 2000 on a q-tip and sort of mixed it together. It turned out quite slick, and the Permatex is just sticky enough to make this mixture stay in place vs. having synthetic oil running out all over the place.

Still debating on doing this magic mixture on the barrel as well, but I think hitting the rails is where you get the most benefit.

I just tried this on a couple steel frames... wow! +1 for this trick

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My brother used to have a cat that would throw itself against the walls of the hallway outside his bedroom door until he let it in. He was like 17 when he passed. Not sure if it was from old age or prolonged trauma.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    To me it was the equivalent of racking the slide dry and a little dirty, to racking it cleaned and lubed and no mess. But I have yet to shoot with it.
    I mostly agree with this. It makes the slide feel like it moves more freely because it seems to move more smoothly. I won't say it's a drastic difference, but I think it made a difference. And I love how the mixture doesn't run all over the place like thin synthetic gun oils tend to.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis

My 14 pounder likes to sleep across our ankles.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    This 10 yr. old sleeps with me every night ..... and I (mostly) like it. And when I toss my jeans on the floor, she crawls inside the leg. She loves me big time ! :D

Luci%20in%20jeans-XL.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The next time that I need to clean a steel-gun, I'm going to try Thor's lube trick. I purchased the Lucas Oil assembly lube, and have a variety of synthetic oils to choose from.
    Just to see if it can be done, I'll try to pre-mix it in film canister ..... to see if I can get the perfect blend.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom