• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Got a Marlin 15Y for Christmas when I was six. Single shot bolt action. Only goes bang once. Have to cycle the action and reload every time. Learn that every shot counts. Easy to pull the bolt and learn to clean a barrel.
    This is one idea I have. Also considering just opting for a “youth” rifle that takes mags and working it the same. Saves buying another rifle in the future.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Ok fellas. Question time. My oldest is Gonna be 6 later this summer and it’s been on my mind for a few years… But I wanna get some insight from those that have been there.

What did you teach your children to shoot with? I’ve got a few ideas in my head, but interested to hear others thoughts, opinions and experiences.

At 5 years old, my youngest daughter's first gun to shoot was a snappy Walther PPKS in .380. She was hooked from that day on. I gave her that pistol a few years ago. Neither of us find it to be pleasant to shoot but is was her first and she will not let it go.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Tim, it’s great to see you so happy! Enjoy your day today! I remember when those girls were just little ones. Crazy where the time has gone…. Enjoy it, my friend! Think of you often….

The Red Rocker. What's amazing is Sammy is 74 years old.
    AND looks better'n Bill Clinton

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom