Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    This covid crap sucks. I’m going insane. Thankfully I didn’t get it as bad as some here. I’m tired of being home… I was able to get out and walk around the block yesterday and today. The back pain has been terrible. Not sure why.

Thinking about rifles now. Bigger bore something or other. Iron sights.
    More water, grasshopper.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Took me about 24 hours to break the fever…

I’m thinking somewhere in the 30 range. Don’t need too big, readily available would be nice. Just something a little larger than 5.56.

Don't overlook 32 Winchester Special chambered model 94 Winchesters, it's a hard hitting cartridge and can usually be found for less money. The ammo is still around and it can also be easily made from 30-30 brass. I have three and they all shoot very well with cast bullets.

A few years back I sold one to KJQ.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    So I've been looking around at P07's in .40 lately. Man, this one is rough. Definetely not worth the current bid. These are not so easy to come by.

Also eyeballing this as a contingency (also OOS, referencing model):

Funny, but I have not shot my .40 P07 in over a year but I took it out today. I now remember why I love the P07 platform.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I’m due to go back to work Monday so long as I don’t have symptoms for 24 hours. Right now I feel pretty good. Little light on energy, I can feel it in my lungs. But other than the back pain, which seems worse when I wake up in the mornings…
    Probably the gunk in your lungs. My back doesn't hurt, but my chest does. Probably same thing for you. Once you get rid of what's in your lungs you'll feel better. Glad you're bouncing back quick.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This covid crap sucks. I’m going insane. Thankfully I didn’t get it as bad as some here. I’m tired of being home… I was able to get out and walk around the block yesterday and today. The back pain has been terrible. Not sure why.

Be careful, depending on where that backpain is. Could be lung stuff if it's upper/mid back/shoulder areas.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I got started with a great group of guys. We were in a smaller room in southern Indiana. "Bud" (real name Charlie....don't think I ever heard anyone call him by that), had one of the other guys spin me around, they all shut their lights out, and Bud said "find me". At least 10 or 15 minutes went by, Bud never moved. I found other members, walls, they were at least nice and blocked the exit with one guy, so I didn't crawl into the next room. It was probably more terrifying than entering my first house fire. After 15 minutes, they turned the lights on, I was close to Bud, but he was on a rock higher than I could reach, and I sure wasn't going to stand up. He said I was close, but I didn't find him. Bud said never forget this feeling. Always bring at least 4 different types of light, with good back up batteries, spare and different bulbs. Make sure you let someone on the outside know where you went and your approximate entrance time and if your not heard from time. We would occasionally stop, especially in Kentucky. Look back, study the rock, because that might be the way you're getting back out of this cave. It was a great time in my life, single, good job; went caving (SPELUNKING), kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, tent camping, rock climbing, 4 wheeling, rappelling......oh to be young again!!!!

If Bud did that to me, I'd have to kill him !!!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Are you well-endowed with 300 BLK ???

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Yay! I just don't hear you speak on them as much. I got into them by accident years ago. No mistakes, just happy little accidents.

One has to be respectful, when uttering the "G" word ! :@ya:
    (which are where the majority of my 40's exist)

A TRILOGY OF 40'S !
    i-Tjj2LpD-L.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Not covid but I have been pretty sick for several days. Chunks of lung coughed up fairly regular. Then in the day it all clears up only to repeat middle of the night. Like WT says it is sinus drain off. I ****ing hate this :poop:
    I've been dealing with draining sinuses all week long. And complete boredom...

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Then Leadeye should be your Guru ! :rockwoot:
    I’m not sure what I would want! Bolt or lever works for me. Easy to find and affordableish caliber would be great. I’d be open to a Milsurp that didn’t break the bank. I hear great things about the 6.5 Swede, but I’ve never shot one.

Just something bigger for more fun or just in case. Hell maybe I get invited on a hunt someday. I’m not much for scopes, no patience for distance. I had a .308 once and I’ve had an 8mm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom