The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I had a Sarsilmaz once before. Was a damn fine gun. Double stack .45 with a rail. K2? I don’t remember what they called it. I Cerakoted it Orange and sold it to Barry. Was a damn good shooter! Good quality too.
    I have a 45 acp SAR K-2 that I got from "you know who". Was a loyal center console gun until I got my Jeep (center console too small).

It shoots well above its price point.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Here’s a good article that describes the AR=24 in more detail. Per the article, it’s every bit as good quality wise as a Sig or Beretta. They describe it as a blend of a P210 slide with a CZ 75 frame.

https://www.smallarmsreview.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=1405

Oops...."ArmaLite is branching out to cover more markets and Mark Westrom assures us that this is not going to be the last handgun offered by the company."

Very cool though....if I ever stumble into two; I'll pick them up for us. ;)

armalitee28099s-ar24-tactical-9mms.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Oops...."ArmaLite is branching out to cover more markets and Mark Westrom assures us that this is not going to be the last handgun offered by the company."

Very cool though....if I ever stumble into two; I'll pick them up for us. ;)

armalitee28099s-ar24-tactical-9mms.jpg

That’s pretty much behind why I sold it. Armalite did not follow up on it and couldn’t even give basic info about it. I called their customer support to find out what sight cuts were on it and they had no idea. They suggested that I call Sarsilmaz to find out. Plus, nobody made grips for it and, while it would work with CZ mags, they had a big gap between the grips and base plate, similar to how it is if you run full size mags in a compact. But, the gap was higher and messed with your grip.

It would have been fun to have in a collection but it didn’t work in the EDC rotation for me

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The one “clone” I really regret getting rid of was the Remington Rand I got from you @88E30M50…. I should have never sold that one….

I still have that. AllenM fit a new match barrel and bushing and it’s a great shooter. It gets carried occasionally too on Memorial Day or Independence Day.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Mornin all. Currently taking a break from running water lines on a 20’ ceiling. I hate heights, skyjack sways like crazy, not having a good morning at all. Id rather have a solid ladder. I need one of those pills they give you at the hospital to chill ya out after you accidentally try to grind your finger off and your freaking out lol.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    You just reminded me of the time I had to try to use a long reach Skyjack to work on the T-Tail of a C-5B. I took it up and then right back down, it swayed about a foot every time you made any movement. I was 65 feet in the air.

You should try 75' up in a 95' tree in a strong wind. A foot of sway feels like 3' to me. I rarely climb in windy conditions.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don't even like getting on the roof of my single story ranch house. :dunno:

Had a guy come out and document the fact that my roof needs to be replaced. He didn't climb up on the roof, but rather pulled a drone out of his truck and sent it up. Very cool and way better than him having to climb up and endanger himself.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    yipp : we had some damage when the tornado went thru May 2019.

Farm Bureau Ins. did the same thing...heavy set gal came over and launched that drone and BAMM took video & pics

Cut us a check right then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom